Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

anyone on a low-dose (for your weight) treatment of accutane...

I'm on 70 mg a day (one day I take 80mg the next day I take 60 mg, averaging 70 mg a day)

and I'm 5' 11" 210 lbs

it's been working, but I'm concerned of a relapse when I get off of accutane...my derm doesn't care, she just figures she'll put me on a 2nd course if I do relapse

so what do you think??

My situation is similar to yours. I weigh 170lbs and have been on 60mg month 1-3 and then lowered it to 40mg for month 4-5. I've been pretty much clear since month one so I asked to lower the dose because of out of pocket costs.

Basically I'm starting to get concerned as well. At the end of month three I began to see scars so I wanted to lower my dose. Now I kinda wish I would have just upped the dose to 80mg the last two months rather than lower it.

The research I've done on the internet all says that you need that cumulative dose to reach long term remission. I'm wondering if that depends on the severity of your acne though...

How long have you been on it for? Are you clear yet?

My situation is similar to yours. I weigh 170lbs and have been on 60mg month 1-3 and then lowered it to 40mg for month 4-5. I've been pretty much clear since month one so I asked to lower the dose because of out of pocket costs.

Basically I'm starting to get concerned as well. At the end of month three I began to see scars so I wanted to lower my dose. Now I kinda wish I would have just upped the dose to 80mg the last two months rather than lower it.

The research I've done on the internet all says that you need that cumulative dose to reach long term remission. I'm wondering if that depends on the severity of your acne though...

How long have you been on it for? Are you clear yet?

5 months and I'm clear

How long have you been clear for?

I wonder if that changes the answer you know...

And taking another course would put more strain on your body...not to mention would suck to do it again. Easy for the Derm to say another course, more money and no harm to him/her.

How long have you been clear for?

I wonder if that changes the answer you know...

And taking another course would put more strain on your body...not to mention would suck to do it again. Easy for the Derm to say another course, more money and no harm to him/her.

like 3 months but I did get pimples that popped up from time to time