Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orlaa

I would be grateful for any help please :)

Hello all,

I am a 24 yr old student doing research on the psychosocial effects of skin ailments. I suffer from a skin condition Psoriasis.

If you guys don't mind I would be ever so grateful if you could answer a few questions for me. The only info I need is which country you are from your gender and age (optional)

The questions are:

How you do feel about your body image?

Do you find people treat you differently because you suffer from acne?

How does that make you feel if you are treated differently?

Thank you in advance for any help given!! :dance:

How you do feel about your body image?: I'm really self conscious. I hide my face all of the time. It really makes me feel terrible about myself. I hate when people look me in the face for too long because it is as though they are analyzing my flaws.

Do you find people treat you differently because you suffer from acne? Yes. I am clear now, and am seeing the big differences. People keep commenting on how attractive I am now, and before, I never got that. People talk to me more, they come up to me. They never did previously. But that may have to do with my general aura and confidence level as well.

How does that make you feel if you are treated differently? Very bad. I never went anywhere, sometimes for weeks at a time, because of my acne. I tried, hated myself, and ruined years of my life because of the way the acne made me feel and how I felt I was being treated because of it.

Thank you Jen

Can I also ask you, when you had acne is there anything that you or others around you could have done to make you feel more positive about your self image?