Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr President

Getting doctors to do a good job !

Hey all,

After reading countlessly through these boards, exchanging emails and searching the web, i truly think fraxel repair will produce the most promising results. I have a strong feeling many wont do a good job, so they can get as many treatments as possible. In sheer desperation, I feel I will need to be forceful with whoever I get to treat my scars. Especially since everyone who owns a fraxel repair laser in sydney has had negative feedback. There is one alright guy in Neutral Bay, though he only uses classic CO2 (most people on here hate!). The only guy that went to him who posted on here too claimed he had no results...Sooo I'll be persistant with what I want and get a mate to supervise.

Basically I feel the best results will be gained from:

- mate supervising (possibly involving a stick to whip them if they dont do it right) :P

- fraxel repair (goes deeper than other lasers and no real ongoing redness)

- i could draw a circle around the specific scars I want treated (so they dont miss any)

- stretch the skin whilst lasering (most of my scars are narrow and deep and stretching them makes them look more like boxcar scars - meaning the laser will hit more of the scar)

- 60mjs @ 70% with as many passes as possible (getting the best bang for my buck)

What do you all think? Has anyone else been forceful with their doctors and gotten better results? With so many dissatisfied people out there spending so long on these boards, I really dont see any other option...if i do get any result, it might stop me crying myself to sleep at night :(

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

I think you wrote somewhere here that fraxel repair costs in australia 9000$? Won't it be cheaper to tkae a plane to some other doctor who does a good job? I'm going to travel when I get to start treatments because no doc does subscision here.

I've tought about something weird the last couple days: would it help if the scar area is massaged before the laser? My scars seems to get better for a while when I do that. Also, if subscision and fraxel repair is combined, will the result be better than if it's done in two separate days?

Ok I hope this helped, tho I doubt it :turtle:

I think you wrote somewhere here that fraxel repair costs in australia 9000$? Won't it be cheaper to tkae a plane to some other doctor who does a good job? I'm going to travel when I get to start treatments because no doc does subscision here.

I've tought about something weird the last couple days: would it help if the scar area is massaged before the laser? My scars seems to get better for a while when I do that. Also, if subscision and fraxel repair is combined, will the result be better than if it's done in two separate days?

Ok I hope this helped, tho I doubt it :turtle:

lol god no, the $9000 was for a full CO2 laser treatment which everyone says doesnt do too much. Fraxel repair is around $4000 here, so heaps cheaper and has had better results. its just yeah all the doctors keep getting negative feedback (or maybe its just this site) and its pretty upsetting. so just trying to make sure they do a good job. thanks for your reply ! :)