Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nenrod

Folliculitis help!!!

Yeah, that's got to be some sort of folliculitis. I'm pretty sure I have some type of folliculitis as well, but I don't know which kind. Although I'm pretty sure it's bacterial at least, because most acne treatments and antibiotics work for me or make my skin better. Since acne treatments seem to make your problem worse, your type of folliculitis could very well be fungal. You should think about making a trip to a doctor (preferably and dermatologist) and maybe request an oral and topical anti-fungal.

I hope this helps a little. Don't be discouraged. You're not alone. ;)

That's great that everything's working out for you, nenrod! I hope it continues to get better. Keep us updated on your progress if you like.

I thought it was over guess what i was wrong :eh:

back to square one wtf lol

So does that mean your breakouts are coming back full force? Or they all resurfaced?? Because "back to square one" means back to the way it looked before you started the pills.

Thanks for taking the time and posting your pregress. You have no idea how many times I've seen people say "I'll keep you posted on my results" and that's the last post you see years later. :|

Back for more complaining lol

Anyways seems as thought my skin problem is surely but slowly coming back today i just got a nice pimple sized folliculitis growing on my upper scalp nice little sized one on the side of my neck and very itchy on my shoulder blade with a couple of new ones forming i jumped in the shower asap when that happened washed my scalp out with tee tree shampoo and my body with dial antibacterial

Seem like this thing is trying to win :whistle:

Well next week i will be going to the University of medicine and dentistry to see the dermatologist there i refuse to spend any money and refuse to take any antibiotics that will only work during it's course from just random derms

Let see how that turns out i will be back with some new updates later on this week.

Well i am in the same boat you are. My doc believes i have folliculitus of the chin, since it responds to antibiotics and is only located there. I get other small tiny pimples around nose beside cheeks, but nothing like the red ones i get on chin near mouth.

I took minocycline last year and it cleared up only for a month though. Then it came back and i became resistant to mino. I recently had a lymph node infection, and started taking levaquin for it like i did in the past to clear up infection. While on levaquin (500mg) a strong antibiotic, i did not have any outbreaks on chin and was clearing up again, but the levaquin made my thryoid cause me to have severe panic/anxiety attacks on the 13thday. So i stopped taking levaquin. About a week later after anxiety went away, that is when my folliculitus started coming back. It slightly itches so i know that it is pretty much it.

My doc gave me bactrim but i dont want to take it yet because im afraid i will get anxiety/panic attacks again since my thyroid does not like oral antibiotics it seems. I see my thyroid doc again at end of month to see what he says. Only thing i use right now is a topical 1% Clindamycin gel. it helps but doesnt prevent like the antibiotics. It is not worth the sever panic attacks thou and fear of passing out and dying.

Edited by JayQ

Nice Documentation.

So my understanding is that Folliculitis itches. Does acne also itch? Or does it not itch at all?

I still need to see a derm about this, but my breakouts itch very often. But I'm not sure if I have Folliculitis or just normal Acne.

P.S. Not sure if you already mentioned but... are you allergic to any food?? Cuz I heard food allergies we're unaware of can cause skin complications.

just read the whole of this thread, depending on what type of PF you have will depend on its symptoms but again it varies widely from person to person it seems.

It sounds to me that yours is fungal, since you have been on an anti biotic and its not completely gone.

and it itches in humidity etc.

you should try the cream you can get for impetigo etc, (cant remember its name grr :doh: ) or is that not for fungal folliculitus anyone? i remember you have to be careful with this condition cause if your assuming its one thing and treating for it accordingly then you could be making it worse if it is indeed fungal

I think i had folliculitus at one point but my body fought it off. i was ill for ages but then it cleared up on its own accord.

you need to have a swab sample taken from one of the pus'y spots and then see what infection it is

Edited by want2beme

Hey, i have a very similar problem .. ive been trying to get rid of it for years but have failed so far ... funny thing is, not one derm i have seen has even suggested a culture or skin scrap test. I will have to ask around and get this done. Please keep us updated and i hope your skin clears up completely

Well i am back to give some info after getting my result from the doctor i was diagnosed with a rare quantity staphylococcus capitis coagulase negative.

This is why i was getting Folliculitis on my neck arms back an chest....

The dr prescribed me some clindamycin 300 mg taken 4 times a day 40 pills i already finished those.

I also went ahead and bought a bottle of hibiclens 32oz and the results are coming around ok most of the folliculitis has dried up or are extremely small i am also treating them with clindamycin topical gel made by duac i rub this around my neck and behind my head.

I made another appointment to get a blood culture done i have two lymph nodes that are still swollen i did go to see a infectious disease dr about my case and also have a another dermatologist appointment in august hopefully the hibiclens will kill off any bacteria that's left behind that is still on my skin.

Since clindamycin is very well known to inhibit c-diff which is a well known gastro infection and could destroy bowel movement

Finished my course of antibiotics i have been eating organic yogurt and activa i also bought a bottle of iflora which has 16 billion healthy bacteria that can bring back the balance of your flora

let see if this is all that was needed to help me get back the skin i once owned clean and free of any bacteria.

Wow i never have heard of this hibiclens which looks like it will do wonders for folliculitis. Where can you buy this? Local stores?

Edited by JayQ