Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I've had constant acne since I was 12. My life is hard enough without having this. This week, after a nice rare clear skin period that lasted a week, I have broken out in severe acne. I haven't changed my diet or started using anything new. I honestly don't know what the point of life is nor can I imagine there is one. Things are going on in my life that make me cry everyday and the last thing i need is giant painful cystic acne all over my face when I am already trying with everything I have to get up everyday and be brave. I have tried everything on the market. Everything, twice or three times. Proactive, Murad, pills, diets, no sugar, no milk, emu oil, not using anything, forgeting about it,special bars of soap from holistic stores, positive thinking, eating bad, eating good, all over the counter cleansers, moisterizers and toners, ect. ect. ect. I once went on birth control pills and they just gave me Jaundice and an extended belly in which my doctor decided the solution to was to give me a higher dosage of birth control. I stopped taking them because I feared for my health and entertained the notion that my doctor might be insane.

My skin routine is, exfoliating gently with a hot face cloth, then using clean and clear cleanser, then I use spectro gel moisturizer for blemish prone skin.

But my real concern isn't just my acne but really, what is the point of life? Why wont my acne go away?

The struggle for us is long, and it is brutal. We don't know when - if ever - the end of acne will come into sight for us, and we can never know if what we are doing will make things better or worse. The uncertainty, not being able to predict what will or won't cause a reaction, exhausts us, year after year after year.

It sounds bad, I know, that we are all drowning and here I am describing the water to you. But I want you to know that you are NOT alone, and that if there is any point to life at all, then it is to know you are not alone and to show - even in your pain - others that they are not alone.

This is invaluable.

Keep talking, we are here.

Some people are fortunate and find what clears their acne early, some of us are not so fortunate and have to try many different things to find what works best.

Keep going, because one day it will all be over, you will find what it is you are looking for. Search the boards for people with similar acne to yours as there are many success stories.

Have you tried all prescription treatments? Talk to your doctor see what options you have that you have't tried yet.

I know it is hard, but your skin doesn't define who you are, keep going, keep searching you can't give up because there is no alternative. One day you will be happy with your skin, but while you are searching for what works for you, keep your head up and live your life now.

Someone told me of a product a while back. He said it was excellent for different types of acne and that not many people know of. It's called turmeric cream, check it out here

http://www.viccolabs.com/vicco/Products.aspx?ProdNo=M5

If you haven't tried it before then give it go.

Good luck.

Edited by goodlife

Hi I've had constant acne since I was 12. My life is hard enough without having this. This week, after a nice rare clear skin period that lasted a week, I have broken out in severe acne. I haven't changed my diet or started using anything new. I honestly don't know what the point of life is nor can I imagine there is one. Things are going on in my life that make me cry everyday and the last thing i need is giant painful cystic acne all over my face when I am already trying with everything I have to get up everyday and be brave. I have tried everything on the market. Everything, twice or three times. Proactive, Murad, pills, diets, no sugar, no milk, emu oil, not using anything, forgeting about it,special bars of soap from holistic stores, positive thinking, eating bad, eating good, all over the counter cleansers, moisterizers and toners, ect. ect. ect. I once went on birth control pills and they just gave me Jaundice and an extended belly in which my doctor decided the solution to was to give me a higher dosage of birth control. I stopped taking them because I feared for my health and entertained the notion that my doctor might be insane.

My skin routine is, exfoliating gently with a hot face cloth, then using clean and clear cleanser, then I use spectro gel moisturizer for blemish prone skin.

But my real concern isn't just my acne but really, what is the point of life? Why wont my acne go away?

:comfort: I don't know what the point of life is, but I try to enjoy every second of it. I don't have acne anymore, but even when I did (and it was pretty bad) it never let me down to a level that I didn't enjoy life anymore. Like you I tried everything I could get my hands on (except birth control, my doc told me that wasn't a good idea for a male :D). Instead of hot compresses you could try cold water. For some hot water works better and for others it's the cold water. Recently I read some good reviews on Max Clarity foam and Acnescript (free 15 day trial, so I'd say go to their website and get the trial, it'll cost you nothing at all). You could also have a look at Lerosett or Silicol skin gel, both are not very well known, but they should treat and prevent acne. If you don't have sensitive skin, you could also look at Clenziderm, the only BP that worked for me. Most important: please try to keep your chin up. You may not have noticed any difference acne-wise, but it will help you in many other ways! The problem is (but I'm sure you found that out already) that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Until the cure is found, it's a matter of trial and error (mostly error, I know what you mean). Sorry I can't answer your question any better, but good luck anyway!

The point of life is to fully devote ourselves to the needs of other people.

I try, but they always tell me to get less ugly and then come back and help them

The point of life is to fully devote ourselves to the needs of other people.

I try, but they always tell me to get less ugly and then come back and help them

Surround yourself with supportive people. I don't know who you allow to be your friends, but if they say things like that then you definitely need some better REAL friends.

My acne causes me to ask this EXACT same question. I've realized, that I'll dedicate my life to finding the cure for acne, so that others will never have to feel the way you do about themselves. :)

i had similar problems, treatments that get rave reviews in the review section didnt really seem to make much difference to me.

turned out i an allergy to wheat which made up most of my diet. i have read that hidden food allergies could be one of the causes of cystic acne.

for some people its dairy others gluten, i have to avoid wheat now and since ive been eating wheat free ive had no acne, not even an initial outbreak or nothin. went from getting cysts and nodules every week to not even pimples.

because everyones skin is different i cant be sure of the cause but in my opinion its something well worth looking into.

good luck

I hear you stripeyemu! sounds alot like my story. Had severe acne for 17 years. Cried alot, wasted tons of money and worsed of all missed out on soooo many social occasions and relationships. I know how you feel. And maybe you'll be thrilled to hear I have found the solution. well at least it works wonders for me, maybe not for everyone. It's acnescript. They give out free trials so it won't cost you anything. Got me clear in two weeks, but I saw a huge difference in only 4 days. Give it a go! I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope you'll post and update :)

I hear you stripeyemu! sounds alot like my story. Had severe acne for 17 years. Cried alot, wasted tons of money and worsed of all missed out on soooo many social occasions and relationships. I know how you feel. And maybe you'll be thrilled to hear I have found the solution. well at least it works wonders for me, maybe not for everyone. It's acnescript. They give out free trials so it won't cost you anything. Got me clear in two weeks, but I saw a huge difference in only 4 days. Give it a go! I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope you'll post and update :)

stress,.

stress is the one thing that gives me cystic acne! which is annoying because its the hardest thing to brush off.

also I found there was something in my multivitamin that caused them also !

try rooibos tea. helps with immflamation soo much

another depressing thread

accutanes got rid of my acne

aloe vera has got rid of the reddish from bp - which is so highly advocated here.

Get a haircut that suits you faceshape

and if it still isnt working - especially if your a girl - do what akll the hot girls in my school do and apply makeup (one that makes it more tanned) to your cheek bones to exagerate them - it looks so good

will one of the moderators move this to the emo section..

THAT'S your routine? Try adding acne MEDICATION to your routine. BP, tazorac, differin, salicylic acid, add something.

Also, how much time did you spend trying 'everything on the market?' Like did you spend 3 weeks on a single product, or 3 days?

You have to research and test don't give up. I am not tired to say that people should first attack acne with artillery, in my case, antibiotics. All the lesions, the final cause is bacteria and the poor body reaction to it. So using an antibiotic for three months (like tetracycline) and then stop when you are clear. then you follow a regimen that will reduce the appearance of new lesions.

BUT you need to research and test for a while. For cyst you can avoid inflammation with ibuprofen and SA on the spot.