Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

that my acne isn't going to go away. I'm turning 21 next month and instead of being excited to celebrate a new year of adulthood, I'm still dealing with acne and crying like a little baby. For some reason, I knew something like not overcoming acne would happen. I knew I wouldn't grow out of it, that would be too good to be true. I'm in college and I don't want to continue because I'm in the worst major for acne suffers-childhood education. Thats right, I have to be around children and its not even what I want to do, but what my parents want me to pursue this major because I have nothing else to offer. I rather sit in the house and hide from society, but I cant and I haven't because I still went out when people ordered me to leave. I just wish my life played out differently. I want to gain weight, have a bubbly personality and have clear skin, but I have nothing to offer. I'm just a waste of space. I tried everything but they just wont work, my skin is my enemy and its winning the battle. Why wont it just listen to me?

Edited by deenem

I can't go on it. Parents won't let me because of the side effects. Yes, I know Im an adult,but I need them for financial support. I'm under their plan.

Unfortunately acne isn't always something that goes away with age, but it was absolutely invaluable to me to know that I had support for it all no matter how old I was or how bad it got. And part of that support is you - you being here and talking about the process, even how much it hurts, helps me to know that I'm not alone and that there are others out there fighting the same battles.

You are in no way a waste of space. If anything, you and your words are part of what helps me keep fighting. Thank you for that.

I know the feeling.

Because i have never found anything which will work for my acne, i have come to expect i will have to wait to grow out of it. I recently turned 22.... acne still going strong... lol sigh