Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just thinking and wondered why having acne, and trying to get rid of it can be so unfair.

Let's see, you can't touch your face, you can't sleep on your face (I used to love doing this) you can hardly eat what you want because you live in fear of breakouts and you are always self conscious. Why is there this punishment for such an already cruel disease?

Exactly. You're under a lot of restrictions and limited to do what you want to do. I just hate acne period.

I was just thinking and wondered why having acne, and trying to get rid of it can be so unfair.

Let's see, you can't touch your face, you can't sleep on your face (I used to love doing this) you can hardly eat what you want because you live in fear of breakouts and you are always self conscious. Why is there this punishment for such an already cruel disease?

i just wonder what we did to deserve it in the first place?

i spend so much time effort and money on my face and i look like a pizza, but my friends spend no time effort or money on their faces and look stunning.

now thats what i call unfair.

Life is designed to kick your ass. It isn't Burger King, you can't always have it your way :hand:

Think of it more as a challenge. Acne will make you a stronger person if you let it; you just have to find the courage to get over it and move on. Yeah, it sucks. But why not do something productive with your time than complain?

You can't feel sorry for yourself forever. At some point you've just got to get over the hurdle and live your life.

Life is designed to kick your ass. It isn't Burger King, you can't always have it your way :hand:

Think of it more as a challenge. Acne will make you a stronger person if you let it; you just have to find the courage to get over it and move on. Yeah, it sucks. But why not do something productive with your time than complain?

You can't feel sorry for yourself forever. At some point you've just got to get over the hurdle and live your life.

I think I need to get this printed on a shirt. :whistle:

unfair, thats a nice way to put it. why couldnt i have to deal with anything else? anything else in the world? give me any amount of physical pain and ill throw it right back in your face. give my any other disease and ill fight through it. but no, i had to have acne. fucking acne. there is nothing i can do about it, there is no cure, nothing works, all i can do is suffer every fucking day of my miserable life. yes, unfair is a very nice way to put it.

Everyday, I scream WHY ME??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::wall:

I dont know why some people go their whole entire lives without one worry, not even migraines, or student loans, or heck, having to wear glasses, and there are others that are tortured everyday of their lives.

Everyday, I scream WHY ME??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::wall:

I dont know why some people go their whole entire lives without one worry, not even migraines, or student loans, or heck, having to wear glasses, and there are others that are tortured everyday of their lives.

I seriously doubt that there are people that have no worries at all. You may not know what they're worrying about, and they may not let the fact that they're worried show, but I assure you, everybody has worries, issues, and concerns.

unfair, thats a nice way to put it. why couldnt i have to deal with anything else? anything else in the world? give me any amount of physical pain and ill throw it right back in your face. give my any other disease and ill fight through it. but no, i had to have acne. fucking acne. there is nothing i can do about it, there is no cure, nothing works, all i can do is suffer every fucking day of my miserable life. yes, unfair is a very nice way to put it.

There are worse things than acne, but I hear ya. I'm in the same boat.

However, acne's not going to last forever. There's no "cure" but that's not the same as it lasts forever; it just means we don't have anything right now that'll get rid of it right away.

Have you tried eliminating sugar? Candida could be at the root of your problem. I'm on an anti-candida diet, after about 10 weeks I'll report back. Currently on week 4, and my skin looks better. But I won't jump to conclusions yet.

Edited by TalkingMonkey

However, acne's not going to last forever. There's no "cure" but that's not the same as it lasts forever; it just means we don't have anything right now that'll get rid of it right away.

Have you tried eliminating sugar? Candida could be at the root of your problem. I'm on an anti-candida diet, after about 10 weeks I'll report back. Currently on week 4, and my skin looks better. But I won't jump to conclusions yet.

lol, i eat no sugar, no dairy, no anything else that even has a 1% chance of causing acne. the only foods i eat are foods that are supposedly good for acne/skin. i take every vitamen/supplement known to help with acne. i have tried everything including accutane 3 times. im afraid my acne will last me forever, if not by some miracle then i will always have these scars to remember it by. there is nothing worse than acne to me. but good luck to you in your anti-candida diet, hope it works.

Edited by Misery-Agony-Pain-HATE

lol, i eat no sugar, no dairy, no anything else that even has a 1% chance of causing acne. the only foods i eat are foods that are supposedly good for acne/skin. i take every vitamen/supplement known to help with acne. i have tried everything including accutane 3 times. im afraid my acne will last me forever, if not by some miracle then i will always have these scars to remember it by. there is nothing worse than acne to me. but good luck to you in your anti-candida diet, hope it works.

When I say no sugar, I mean zero sugar - not from fruit, vegetables, or anything else, for a period of a few weeks or even months. It's fucking hell. But so is acne. I'm trying it for another 5 weeks, things are looking good so far, I'll be reporting back.

Accutane 3 times, I'm really sorry to hear it, that shit sucks.

Down the road you can get lazer surgery. Technology is advancing at a crazy rate, it's only getting better and better.

When I say no sugar, I mean zero sugar - not from fruit, vegetables, or anything else, for a period of a few weeks or even months. It's fucking hell. But so is acne. I'm trying it for another 5 weeks, things are looking good so far, I'll be reporting back.

Accutane 3 times, I'm really sorry to hear it, that shit sucks.

Down the road you can get lazer surgery. Technology is advancing at a crazy rate, it's only getting better and better.

yea man, pretty much my only hope is it they finally find a cure. glad to hear its working for you though. and yes i have pretty much no sugar now (that i know of) for a few weeks, it has helped my acne slightly. mainly all i eat is organic raw vegetables with a few other health foods.

it really does suck =/ and i've already had to go through a million other struggles in life and then acne had to come and be the cherry on top of my shitty life when i turned 14. before then i had to live through an abusive home, being homeless, having guns held to my head, knives, no friends, no one to turn to, no where to go, nothing.....and up until i really didn't have a choice i always ate healthy, i was active...and i've tried everything....sadly some people just suffer more than others...but one day it'll get better(?) i hope.....

it is so incredibly unfair it's ridiculous. i have to really watch what i eat...i never ever let myself eat the things i want, like ice cream or chocolate(basically no dairy at all),i freak out if i eat something with more than like 8g of sugar in it, i make sure i eat good things for my skin. I research makeups that dont contribute to acne, i have to stick to a regimen everyday twice a day, i change my pillow case every night and i cant use bounce sheets in the dryer. I cant touch my face, use styling products in my hair. i cant wear hats. im afraid to get a haircut with bangs because i dont want the oils from my hair to break me out..plus a million other stupid things, when other people could live off chocolate ice cream, not wash their face or take care of it ever, put anything on their skin, heck they could probably smother grease all over their face and they would still have good skin. ugh, soooooooooo. not. fair.