Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenguard82

28F, non inflamed acne. PLease help!

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be 28 in about a month and I'm still struggling with acne! It's depressing and I'm at my wits end. I am currently using proactiv and while I hated it a year ago when I first started using it now I think it works pretty good. I used to get inflamed acne and since using Proactiv I am no longer getting them. Now, I just have blackhead/clogged pores on my cheeks. I don't get acne anywhere else just my cheeks. I thought I was keeping it under control but about a month ago more started appearing on my face! I'm trying to figure out what I have been doing differently and I think it has to do with the third step of Proactiv. I have been putting so much on my skin thinking more is better and I think my skin can't breathe. In return I'm getting more clogged pores. I just used a blackhead extractor the other day and got a few of them out. Boy was it nasty seeing the white stuff come out! But now where I used the blackhead extractor I have little red spots. They don't seem to be going away so I'm cautious to use the extractor again. I would like to know if anyone knows of something I can use to put on my blackheads/clogged pores to get rid of them? Please don't suggest mandelic acid because I was reading a lot of people's posts and it seems like it doesn't work.

I guess my suggestion to people would be more is not always better! Since putting loads of the repairing lotion on my face it has caused mad flakes and more blackheads/clogged pores. Plus, it's starting to burn a hole in my pocket. LOL! :redface:

I'm really not suprised no one responded to me! I don't think anyone has ever responded to any of my posts but anyway I just thought I would update everyone. The redness from extracting the blackheads with the blackhead tool is completely gone. It actually started to faid around day 3 and by day 5 it was completely gone. So if your careful you can use the extractor and be blackhead/redness free in less then a week! :D

I responded! :D

I didn't know such a thing as a "blackhead remover" existed. I might look into it in case I ever get a blackhead.

I responded! :D

I didn't know such a thing as a "blackhead remover" existed. I might look into it in case I ever get a blackhead.

hey there.

i would suggest not squeezing them.

why not try some bha products to purge those impurities out?

=)

Hey Jen, I'd go with what Lovelystars said and try some BHA products from paulaschoice.com. They're pretty affordable and may help clean out those nasty clogged pores. I've been using the BHA every other night in conjunction with Dan's AHA but not seeing much results except a clearer complexion from acne. The clogged pores and blackheads are killing me but I'm gonna keep on trying, good luck!