Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
humate

Which scar treatment definately works?

Hi All,

I have a simple question, if money was no object, what is the best/most effective scar removal treatment available in the UK?

I read mixed reviews about N-Lite and laser treatments, so wondering what is top of the list for the most effective/quickest solution. I've had some sunken scars for 10 years (no acne left really), and want to do something about it now.

I'm sure there must be something that celebritiies use for this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I have a simple question, if money was no object, what is the best/most effective scar removal treatment available in the UK?

I read mixed reviews about N-Lite and laser treatments, so wondering what is top of the list for the most effective/quickest solution. I've had some sunken scars for 10 years (no acne left really), and want to do something about it now.

I'm sure there must be something that celebritiies use for this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance

To be honest.. The frst thing i ever did for my scars was fraxel... i had like 5 or 6 and my shallow scars improved. i had some very shallow anlarged pores kinda like pitted scars on the right side that pretty much went away. the scars on my left side which the doc actually thought were going to respond well to fraxel since they dissapeared when the skin was pulled stayed the same after the fraxel tratment. ive had fillers, and still get them done once in a while, they work well on some scars but sometimes leave the skin bumpy in certain lighting.. so far the best thing ive ever tried is sled dermarolling. i fallowed lamars thread and have rolled 3 times so far. the first time i didnt notice much, but the second time i was amazed at how much better my skin looked after it healed! now after the third time my scars have improved a lot! i recommend trying it before spending tons of money on lasers.. some doctors even think the dermaroller works better than most lasers.. make sure to take lots of vit c and some collagen pills u can buy on puritans pride website.. it helps the skin to heal..

thanks Eric. I was concerned about the dermaroller too, because I have read about it creating more problems (i.e. new acne/scars). There is a clinic close to me that does both the dermaroller, and the N-Lite laser. I'm due for a consultation next week, so wanted to get some research done, incase they try to sell me one solution over another.

How long does the skin take to heal after the dermaroller? And how long between the sessions?

I have very sensitive skin that doesn't heal fast/well from scars in general, so the laser seemed a good idea.

Thanks

Dermaroller caused me to have uneven skin all over, and its like I was at a tanning bed with white around my eyes and red everywhere else, and that doesnt seem to go away so far, even months after a dermaroll it looks weird.

Humate, as you can tell we are all different. I have had 3 Re:pairs and realized about a 60% improvement, re:pair may not work for you. I agree that you should start with the dermaroller. The concept behind the dermaroller is a lot like the fractionalized ablative Co2 laser without the thermal damage. It is not nearly as intense as the Re:pair, but it is a heck of a lot cheaper. I hadn't heard about the complications mentioned with the dermaroller.

I think i will try the dermaroller then. I have my appointment on Friday, so will see how that goes.

How much should i be paying a private clinic for this, and what kind of downtime should i expect? I think the re:pair looks good, like you say, something to try after dermaroller perhaps.

There are a couple of threads on the first page of the board were people are complaining about the roller causing more scarring - or scarring good tissue - it's just this bit i'm worried about.

I think i will try the dermaroller then. I have my appointment on Friday, so will see how that goes.

How much should i be paying a private clinic for this, and what kind of downtime should i expect? I think the re:pair looks good, like you say, something to try after dermaroller perhaps.

There are a couple of threads on the first page of the board were people are complaining about the roller causing more scarring - or scarring good tissue - it's just this bit i'm worried about.

TCA cross is very effective for the vast majority of scars. Lasers can only fix the most superficial scars, but they are good for improving overall complexion. If you have light skin, you should also look into needling.

Beyond TCA and needling, there isn't anything out there that is very effective. Fillers are good as a bandaid if you want to pay that kind of money.

TCA cross is very effective for the vast majority of scars. Lasers can only fix the most superficial scars, but they are good for improving overall complexion. If you have light skin, you should also look into needling.

Beyond TCA and needling, there isn't anything out there that is very effective. Fillers are good as a bandaid if you want to pay that kind of money.

accutaneuser78, i tooo am an accutane user :)....im curious,i definitely know of the benefits of tca cross. i did them a few months back and saw a bit of improvement. have you ever considered punch excision or elevation? its a lot like cross in that it removes scar tissue, though its apparently a lot faster.

accutaneuser78, i tooo am an accutane user :)....im curious,i definitely know of the benefits of tca cross. i did them a few months back and saw a bit of improvement. have you ever considered punch excision or elevation? its a lot like cross in that it removes scar tissue, though its apparently a lot faster.

I remember looking up all the different kinds of scar treatments. Based on the befores and afters I've seen before, punch excision and elevation don't seem all that effective, and certainly less effective than TCA cross. In many cases I couldn't tell the difference between teh befores and afters. I think those methods would only be suitable for very wide or large scars.

Where can I find out about TCA cross in the UK?

I should probably add that I have one scar in particular I want to fix. It's deep, about 1cm long and quite wide. It's still red/purple after 10years too.

The others are less deep, more like orange peel effect. All are on my cheeks only.