Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
honeymaid

Regimen once a day?

Hi,

I know in order for the regimen to work you must follow the directions specifically. But what about the people with extremely sensitive skin. Can you still use the regimen once a day i.e. well the medication part and still get good results? I am still on the fence about using BP because of my adverse reaction to that and other harsh chemicals in the past. I have mild acne that gets really bad from time to time (once a year maybe). I don't recall ever having over 10 pimples or so on my face at one time. I really want to incorporate something that kills the bacteria that causes the acne in the first place and BP is most effective but I am still very scared to use it again. Thanks in advance.

For The Regimen to work as advertised, you need to eventually work up to using lots of BP twice a day.

If your skin is sensitive, you could start out by using a tiny amount once a day for a week or two before moving up to using a tiny amount twice a day, and then very slowly working your way up to the full recommended amount.

Most Regimen users are able to work their way up to the full amount over the course of a month or so. If you're worried about how your skin will react, you might want to try stretching that process out to a month and a half or two months.

Keep in mind, though, that taking longer to work your way up to the full amount of BP also means that it may take a bit longer to see results.

That said, some people do choose to only use The Regimen once a day. Since that's not how The Regimen was meant to be done, though, there's a chance that it won't work as well.

Your best bet, if you want to only use The Regimen once a day, is to work your way up to using the full recommended amount of BP twice a day, and stick with that until your skin is staying consistently clear. Then you can slowly decrease the amount of BP you're using each week, and see if you stay clear. If you can work your way down to only doing it once a day, and you're still staying clear, that's awesome. If you start to break out after decreasing the BP, you'll have to slowly work your way back up.

It might take a bit of experimenting, but by doing this, you should be able to find the minimum amount of BP that you need to stay clear.

Thanks! One more question,

If I only break out on my forehead and one side of my face, can I just put the BP on areas where I tend to break out? I don't want to irritate other areas.

Thanks! One more question,

If I only break out on my forehead and one side of my face, can I just put the BP on areas where I tend to break out? I don't want to irritate other areas.

You sure can. Just adjust the amount of BP you're using accordingly. If you're only going to be treating about 30% of your face, you should be using about 30% of the amount of BP that you'd be using if you were treating your whole face. So instead of starting out with a small amount of BP, start out with a teeny amount of BP, and then work your way up to about one pump instead of two.

Hey c'est, I was just curious have you tried the regime yourself? If so has it worked for you? I'm thinking about trying it myself but I'm debating if I want to start using chemical products again.

Edited by cohen888

Hey c'est, I was just curious have you tried the regime yourself? If so has it worked for you? I'm thinking about trying it myself but I'm debating if I want to start using chemical products again.

Yep, I'll have been on The Regimen for two years in June. It's been really great for me, and I highly recommend it. : )

Yep, I'll have been on The Regimen for two years in June. It's been really great for me, and I highly recommend it. : )

Did you have really bad acne? Did you get wrinkles like many people are saying on this site?

Thanks this is very helpful, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna order the products and get started on it, I've heard positive stuff from other members as well.

Did you have really bad acne? Did you get wrinkles like many people are saying on this site?

My acne was fairly mild, erring on moderate at times, but I'd struggled with keeping it under control for a decade.

After two years on The Regimen, my skin looks the healthiest it's ever looked. No wrinkles or anything like that. In fact, here's the most recent picture I have of myself (from just before Thanksgiving, so about a year and a half into The Regimen):

post-77161-1272173488_thumb.jpg

Thanks this is very helpful, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna order the products and get started on it, I've heard positive stuff from other members as well.

I wish you the best of luck! Do you think you'll keep a log? It would be nice to be able to check up on your progress every so often. : )

My acne was fairly mild, erring on moderate at times, but I'd struggled with keeping it under control for a decade.

After two years on The Regimen, my skin looks the healthiest it's ever looked. No wrinkles or anything like that. In fact, here's the most recent picture I have of myself (from just before Thanksgiving, so about a year and a half into The Regimen):

I wish you the best of luck! Do you think you'll keep a log? It would be nice to be able to check up on your progress every so often. : )

You look great! :dance:

Thank you very much . Yeah I think a log is a great idea, as soon as I get the products in the mail I'll start one. Also your picture is great motivation :), I ordered pretty much as soon as I saw it.

Thank you very much . Yeah I think a log is a great idea, as soon as I get the products in the mail I'll start one. Also your picture is great motivation :), I ordered pretty much as soon as I saw it.

Awwww, hehe. *blushes*

Well, I can't wait to check out your log. Hope your products get there quickly! : )

c'est la vigne,

I really really want to start the regimen but my face is still tight and dry from using the cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. I do not know what to do. My face is breaking out, although I do not have a major break out I mostly have the typical non-comedonal acne. I have small flesh bumps all over my face.

What do you recommend I do to speed up the healing of my skin so I can start the regimen as soon as possible.

c'est la vigne,

I really really want to start the regimen but my face is still tight and dry from using the cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. I do not know what to do. My face is breaking out, although I do not have a major break out I mostly have the typical non-comedonal acne. I have small flesh bumps all over my face.

What do you recommend I do to speed up the healing of my skin so I can start the regimen as soon as possible.

In one word: moisturize. Find a moisturizer that agrees with you, and then use it as often as you need to. Overly dry skin has a harder time healing itself than skin that's kept moist.