Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I suffered from cystic acne when I was 14, and basically had cysts on top of nodules (conglobata acne?). Being in school, I was always scrutinized by my fellow classmates, even people who were "friends" back before I got my acne. I got put on accutane and my cysts/nodules seemed to double in size. I looked like f*cking elephant man... Eventually, after seeing my dermatologist drain these cysts with a surgical scalpel, I decided I had enough of this sh*t. So being young and stupid, and nearly suffering a mental breakdown, I took a fingernail file with a point on it, and tried to drain my own acne cysts.

This was my fatal error. When a doctor says to not touch your acne cysts, DON'T DO IT. Don't even think about it. Let the Accutane do its work, even though you will look like a deformed monster temporarily. At least it wont result in you looking like a permanently disfigured monster... I'm now almost age 21 and my cheeks are grossly disfigured from deep scars. My skin can never be the same, no matter what the treatment.

*moderator edit* thinking about how I could have prevented my disfigurement. But now I just have to live the rest of my life with scars. So pelase, no matter what your face looks like.

Don't touch it

Edited by c'est la vigne
There was one statement that contained ideals that are not encouraged on this board so it was removed

Deep scars? D: How deep would you say they are? I've never picked at my skin and I still get scarring that, at least to me, seem pretty deep. I've never taken a file point to my face, though I have thought of it, but could you elaborate on the deepness of your scars? There should be things that can at least improve the overall look of your scars.