Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jared777

How long does minocycline take to clear skin?

I have been consuming 100 mg of minocycline daily for roughly two months, however it might have been for a slightly longer duration. Over the course of my intake I have noted a degree of clearing throughout the face but have and am recently developing a few new pimples in areas I previously thought were being cleared up via the minocylcine. How long does it take for minocycline to stop the formation of pimples and than how long after that does it take for the drug to permanantly clear myself of such a horrid and useless burdon which plagues the majority of my thought and actions with such a profound impact?

Edited by Jared777

The first time i used it, i got a positive reaction after about 2 weeks, and i was clear apart from red marks after about 4-5 weeks. However, my acne was quite light. I specifically remember my doctor stating that people usually need at least two courses to get clear. I think one course was roughly two months, so i wouldn't be overly concerned until around the four month stage.

I used it twice, and both times it cleared me up 100%.

Edited by lemmy