Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Red wine... does it have a positive impact on your acne... since it helps with circulation? I feel every night i have a glass of red wine when I wake up my acne is less inflamed. True or False? Just my head playing a trick?

I think so long as candida isn't the cause of your acne then by all means, a glass of red wine a day is said to be beneficial in many ways :cool:

I think if you drink Red Wine in excess it will just damage your liver though... and instead of having the liver remove extra hormones in the blood stream, it is instead focusing on getting rid of the ethanol. A

I think if you consume anymore than 1 glass you're going to be doing your acne more harm than good...

The overall health benefits of one or two glasses of red wine are well documented and supported. The benefits rapidly become serious health detriments once you get much beyond that. This could be said about many types of alcohol (not crappy or sugary/fruity types obviously). And red wine has other beneficial things: antioxidants, polyphenols, resveratrol etc.

hhaah. No no. I do not go beyond one glass. I'm a tiny person. I can barely tolerate half a glass. hahha. but it does seem to be helping me a lot. :)

If you drink alcohol anyway then this is the best choice by far, but dont take up alcohol to drink it because it is not that healthy but still fine in moderation

red wine is the only alcohol i drink...and i looooooooove it. it doesn't have a negative effect on my acne (i've tested this many times). i can't tell if it has a positive effect, however. my acne does seem less inflamed the morning after i drink red wine...but this could be in my head.

hahha. I like red wine. Thats it :) but if it has a positive impact on face its just nice to think about....ehehhe. I'm not a heavy drinker what so ever. A small glass of red wine.... that's all i need/want :)