Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisa14

I woke up today and my scars were like 50% gone

WTF? I looked in the mirror when I woke up and just thought it was that temporary effect. For some reason scars look better and more plump in the morning. I didnt get happy, I figured I'll have my shitty skin back in about 2 hours or something. Well, its the end of the day now and I dont know if I just went crazy but the horrible indents in my skin last night just arent as bad today.

What did I do? I've been drenching my face in Vitamin E for the past week. Could it really be working?

God I hope so. Please God, let this be my answer.

Def keep us posted! This could be a really awesome thing for a lot of us to try!!!

I will! I hate when people find something that works and then abandons everyone on here with no updates. I just hope this isnt some weird temporary effect.

That's one aggravating aspect of acne. Different things help different people. I really hope this is your answer. Even if it doesn't stop your acne, at least perhaps it'll help heal up your hyperpigmentation quickly! Definitely keep us posted. :)

That's one aggravating aspect of acne. Different things help different people. I really hope this is your answer. Even if it doesn't stop your acne, at least perhaps it'll help heal up your hyperpigmentation quickly! Definitely keep us posted. :)

Its helping the redness. Funny thing is I have been using Vit E for like a year now. Not as consistently as I have been though

It could be because your eyes are still adjusting when you first wake up? I often notice that my skin looks better when I look in the mirror first thing in the morning but progressively gets worse each time I look in the mirror after that. It's weird. Anyways, hopefully it's real for you, good luck!

Vitamin E worked really really well for me in healing my scars. Usually I'm an INCREDIBLY slow healer *looks down at scab that has been on arm for two months* but the vitamin E definitely sped up the process on my face. The vitamin E oil I use has lemon essential oil added to it as well, which I think is working with the E on fading marks and evening out skin tone in general. I'd highly recommend adding a bit of lemon oil to your routine and seeing if it helps even more :) Good luck!

It could be because your eyes are still adjusting when you first wake up? I often notice that my skin looks better when I look in the mirror first thing in the morning but progressively gets worse each time I look in the mirror after that. It's weird. Anyways, hopefully it's real for you, good luck!

Thats the thing Jay, I waited until the end of the day to see if I got my crappy skin back but I didnt. It looks the same as it did in the morning! *knocks on wood*

Again, I'm not that excited yet. I'm just waiting for my hopes to get crushed again.

Vitamin E worked really really well for me in healing my scars. Usually I'm an INCREDIBLY slow healer *looks down at scab that has been on arm for two months* but the vitamin E definitely sped up the process on my face. The vitamin E oil I use has lemon essential oil added to it as well, which I think is working with the E on fading marks and evening out skin tone in general. I'd highly recommend adding a bit of lemon oil to your routine and seeing if it helps even more :) Good luck!

What type of scars do you have?

What type of scars do you have?

Mostly I had a lot of discoloration that would remain after even a really small pimple. Like I said I heal really slowly, so maybe my scars were more like a "perpetual state of trying and failing to heal." Not to mention I used to pick a LOT. They were mostly brown or reddish, slightly raised, SOMETIMES they're fade to white and shiny, but mostly they'd just stick it out at brown or dark pink. Sorry I can't give you a better description, I just don't know what to call it :shifty:

Ah well then I'm happy for you Lisa :D I tried vitamin E oil a year back...didn't find it helped me much. I'm gonna focus on actually getting rid of acne first and maybe I'll try vitamin E again.

I've just started trying a 'Paraben Free. pH Balanced. Vitamin E toner' on my PIH, and it seems to be having a positive effect - especially on this really stubborn old nodule-mark on my neck.

It usually takes a week to see if a new product is going to break me out, so fingers crossed..

(from Tesco, for UK folks)

Guys, I'm ecstatic right now. My skin is faarrr from perfect, but the red marks that seemed dented have improved sooo much. My skin isnt so red now and doesnt have that "wave look" as much from the scars. Last week, I couldnt bear to look at that side and now, its ok. Not too bad. I cant believe my eyes to be honest. The icepicks on my left cheek are not responding as well though, but I dont mind them THAT much (only in car mirrors, ugghhh)

So, I'm quite pleased with the Vitamin E. There IS hope, guys. :dance:

Edited by Lisa14

Vitamin E has been helping a lot with my hyperpigmentation. I get these nasty brown spots after a pimple. How do you use it? I just mix in 2-3 drops with my moisturizer...

Vitamin E has been helping a lot with my hyperpigmentation. I get these nasty brown spots after a pimple. How do you use it? I just mix in 2-3 drops with my moisturizer...

I just cover my whole cheek in it straight out the bottle. I find the key is to put it on atleast 2 hours before sleeping, to give it time to absorb. I used to just put it on right before bed and I'm sure it wasnt as effective then because most of it ended up smeared on my pillow:/

Edited by Lisa14

Glad to hear that you've found something that works, Lisa. I'll have to try using Vitamin E on my hyperpigmentation.

Shit! I have four small pimples on my cheek today. I'm not sure if its Vitamin E thats breaking me out or not. I'm supposed to break out a week before my period, not now damn it. And these will leave more indents now cause thats how shitty my skin has become...even tiny ones scar

I'll still use the E cause it has worked wonders so far

FML...seriously

Edited by Lisa14

Eh, I went through the same thing. I had red marks on my temples, and in certain lighting it looked as though the red marks were indented, looking like icepick scars. It looked so prominent I even went to Ebay and ordered the dermaroller and EMLA cream and everything. But then I did a TCA peel on my temples to get rid of the PIH. It worked, and the coloring was significantly reduced, and suddenly I found I could no longer see my 'scars' anymore. So I guess I imagined them all along. I quickly canceled my dermaroll order after that.

vitamin e you say? what kind of oil are using? jasons? organic? i may give it a try. have you ever tried jojoba oil?

Its called Pure and Basic Vitamin E oil 30, 000 IU. Here is a link to the exact one I brought. However, I only payed like $12 for it I think. I just cant remember or find the website I got it from. But the price is extremely worth it because the bottle lasts like over a year

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Basic-Vitamin-F...s/dp/B001E77PVK

I never tried jojoba. I really should. As an update, the E is still working for me. Angry red marks are now pink/brown! I figure my marks should be whole lot less noticeable in another 2 weeks. :D However, I have also been using Neosporin and I KNOW that has been helping too, so I cant contribute it all to the E.

Edited by Lisa14

I've had that happen before, except it was temporary (only lasted a few days) :(

Then other times, it was because I just woke up, and the scars became visible again a couple of hours later.

But congrats! :) I'm happy for you!