Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need my milk! So I was wondering if almond milk would be a good substitute, I've tried it before and it's delicious so I could easily cut out whole milk if it could be replaced with almond. What do you guys think?

I LOVE almond milk. Much better than soy methinks. I've totally cut out dairy milk from my diet (lactose intolerance) and have tried substituting it with soy milk, rice milk, and almond milk, and by far almond milk is the best. Get the vanilla kind, it's delicious!

I love Almond Milk, but I hate the store-bought versions because they throw so much other crap in there. So I make my own.

1 cup almonds

6 cups water

optional:

sweetener of choice (I don't use any)

Natural vanilla extract, cocoa powder etc... you can get creative here.

1. Soak the almonds in some water for at ~8hrs

2. Drain and rinse

3. Put in blender with 6 cups water

4. Blend, strain, and refrigerate

You can add the leftover pulp to oatmeal, or you can figure out a way to bake with it.

I love Almond Milk, but I hate the store-bought versions because they throw so much other crap in there. So I make my own.

1 cup almonds

6 cups water

optional:

2. Drain and rinse

You can add the leftover pulp to oatmeal, or you can figure out a way to bake with it.

This is a great recipe! I'm gonna try me out some homemade almond milk :D

I LOVE almond milk. Much better than soy methinks. I've totally cut out dairy milk from my diet (lactose intolerance) and have tried substituting it with soy milk, rice milk, and almond milk, and by far almond milk is the best. Get the vanilla kind, it's delicious!

Yeah I also tried soy it's nothing compared to almond, the vanilla is especially good I just tried that one recently.

1 cup almonds

6 cups water

optional:

2. Drain and rinse

Thanks for the recipe that's a great idea :)

love almond milk. my favourite is almond breeze unsweetened, which is pretty much just almonds and thats it. 0 grams of sugar. they also have chocolate milk with added cocoa and it tastes great. and its still got 0 grams of sugar. blows my mind

Almond Breeze Unsweetened contains:

purified water, almonds, tapioca starch, calcium carbonate, sea salt, potassium citrate, carrageenan, soy lecithin, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D2, d-alpha-tocopherol (natural vitamin E).

That's a bunch of extra stuff. I am against using isolated vitamin/mineral supplements... and I am not too sure I want to drink inorganic soy lecithin.