Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
todach

Urgent help - important question

Okay, I serve in compulsory army and it's very hot here, so my routine when I'm at base is when I wake up, I shower and cleanse, use a toner and then moisturise (I have oily skin with acne), so today it kinda got changed and I wanna know if what I did is ok because I'm afraid waking up tomorrow with my face looking worse. ._.

Today I woke up, showered, cleansed and toned like usual, and then we had some surprise routine where I got all sweaty, so I took another shower (2 hours after I already cleansed, so I cleansed again cus my face were all sweaty too), then I got home at noon, like 5 hours afterwards and I felt really gross and sweaty because of the road home but I was afraid that cleansing again would over-do it, so I took a shower in cold water without cleansing, and washed my face with just water when I had moisturiser on and then pat my face a bit with toner, I'm afraid that by tomorrow this will cause clogged pores or something like that, or if I did anything wrong by not cleansing again, would love to know if what I did was ok, thanks.

What you did sounds fine, actually, and better. Overwashing DEFINITELY can cause more breakouts, and I'll bet that the moisturizer had long since absorbed anyways, so good call on what you did!

Are you sure that the fact I just splashed cold water to freshen my face from the oil and sweat that built on it on the road home won't cause clogged pores?

I've been on an improvement since I had a facial and I'm afraid going downhill again. D:

Splashing with water won't remove any impurities that are already embedded into the skin (such as any lingering traces of moisturizer, or dirt), but it does prevent over drying of the skin, which can cause acne by making the skin cells shed unevenly.

I have very oily skin currently, and the temptation to wash three times a day is immense (I really feel you on this one!), but since I've been just splashing water midday instead of washing, the oil concentration has gone down some.

I could be wrong, though, everyone's skin is different. I'm sure someone will be able to hop in here and give you some more good advice, we've got tons of well informed members!

Splashing with water won't remove any impurities that are already embedded into the skin (such as any lingering traces of moisturizer, or dirt), but it does prevent over drying of the skin, which can cause acne by making the skin cells shed unevenly.

I have very oily skin currently, and the temptation to wash three times a day is immense (I really feel you on this one!), but since I've been just splashing water midday instead of washing, the oil concentration has gone down some.

I could be wrong, though, everyone's skin is different. I'm sure someone will be able to hop in here and give you some more good advice, we've got tons of well informed members!

what do you mean by the first paragraph?

like does this mean that I might get clogged pores by splashing water? and by splashing water I meant I took both my hands and like put the water on my face kind of wiping with my hands very gently like applying cleanser.

and I didn't apply anything else but gentle toner pats on my face, I'm afraid I'm gonna get a break out.

Splashing with water won't cause clogged pores, it just won't *clean out* clogged pores. But it might be better than over washing is all. I guess it comes down to which is more of a trigger to break outs for you - clogged pores (which can be treated by a midday washing) or uneven skin shedding (which is better treated by simply splashing water over your face instead of scrubbing your skin midday).

well but if I had washed it again, I'd need to wash it again at night, and then it'd be 4 times I washed it today, which I guess would be bad?

Hrm, four times a day just might be over doing it. If you are going to wash more than twice, def keep it to just three. Absolutely.