Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
just dance

My acne just will not go away. What will the derm do next?

So my dermatologist and I have been treating my acne since December 2008 and it is not gone.

So far we've tried Klaron Lotion, Clindymicin Lotion, Finacea, and Differin. Right now I'm using the Finacea in the am and the Differin cream in the pm.

We tried Doxy but I had bad side effects so I had to stop. Right now I'm using Cephalexin.

Right now I have some bad jaw line-ish acne and really I haven't had acne there in a really long time. Am I starting to get adult acne now? I'm just barely 20.

So this jaw line acne has only gotten worse and doesn't seem to be healing. I get a few new pimples once in a while too.

What do you think my dermatologist will try out next? Will she keep me on the antibiotic? I'm not sure how I feel about long term antibiotics. I've been on it two months. Do you think maybe I need a new dermatologist if it's been a year and a half and I still have acne? I mean I guess it went away for a bit (not completely) in the summer but now it's back with a vengeance.