Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I was watching TV last night, drinking heavily to forget about my petty acne problems, when I ran across an old Oprah rerun. Now I don't typically watch Oprah but the topic of discussion was rather startling. The guest speaker was Ms. Charla Nash who had survived a brutal attack by her friend's pet Chimpanzee. The drugged up monkey tore the poor woman's face and hands off after she tried caring for it. Here's a picture of her (it's rather disturbing): http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXI...ore_After35.jpg

Ms. Nash even had her eyes torn out. She actually told doctors that she'd rather be blind than to see own her face, sort of like an "ignorance is bliss" type of thing. I couldn't help but cry after watching such a deeply depressing thing, and it really made me feel like an ass for feelings the way I've felt for so long about acne. What that woman has to deal with every day (wearing a veil and barely being able to talk) runs crop circles around my problems...I mean, wow.

Well, I just wanted to share that. I actually recommend watching that particular episode if you ever feel down because of acne. It will, and I guarantee it, put a bit of perspective on things.

For some reason these kinds of things never help me. Like right now I am thankful I only have acne but in a few minutes I'll go straight back to thinking acne is the worst thing in the world, lol.