Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xoxhoney

makeup making my skin oily?

Hi all..

i was wondering if any of you have tips for solving oily skin issues?

also i was wondering if my makeup is making my skin more oily than it normally would be? it doesnt quite make sense because i wear a makeup primer which is supposed to tighten my pores and control shine, and i usually only wear mineral makeup (healthy no?) .. but i have noticed that my skin seems way oilier during days when im wearing makeup as apposed to days when im not, and it get oily fast! any way to control this? any thoughts on the makeup?

My face also gets oily while wearing make-up, and I also only wear mineral powder (and some liquid mineral foundation), and I use primer. It used to do a good job at keeping my face pretty dry throughout the day, but not so much lately :think: What I usually do is apply a thin layer of silk powder to my skin after I put on make-up, which helps absorb moisture and also helps set your make-up.

Edited by whoalisa

I think it's possible that makeup can cause more oil to produced. I notice that using powder through out the day to cover it only exacerbates the problem - the oil will come back and come back sooner. I usually just blot once or twice throughout the day with a tissue, it's the easiest fix imo!

Also, I've never noticed a significant difference with primer :confused: it helps the makeup go on nicely but that's about it. I personally think a lot of primers don't live up to expectations but that's just me. What works best for me is using as little makeup as possible and concentrating on layering in the areas I need the coverage, rather than my whole face. I find that the more makeup I have on, the faster I look oily and the makeup looks horrible within a couple of hours, too.

I find it depends a lot on the makeup. For example, when I wear L'oreal mineral foundation my face is an oil pit. When I wear Urban Decay Mineral foundation my skin is fine. I also use a primer too which helps.

Thats funny that you've mentioned you skin being an oil pit when you use l'oreal because that happens to be what I'm using now and pretty much exactly describes my skin when I wear it lol. I think I'm going to look into a new mineral foundation and perhaps a setting powder then...

That's so strange, if I'm not wearing my make up my skin becomes an oil slick so fast, but if I'm wearing make up my skin stays matte for a while.