Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
accutane balla

Accutane Discoloration/Scarring

So I've been on accutane for 2.5 months and have experienced a great improvement in my acne. I have no more inflammation except one pimple on my nose (no more large cysts) and have now encountered a new problem. After all the cysts left, I think discoloration set in and maybe some scarring. I was wondering if this is infact discoloration or scarring or whatever it is. Lol I just want to know my current situation and how I can improve it if anyway. I just want to make sure that this isn't something unusual or anything and to see if this is like a common issue. Btw I'm 15 and on 60 mg a day of accutane. Thanks for any help! (I attached an image of my cheek to this post)

post-127592-1271993542_thumb.jpg

post-127592-1271993542_thumb.jpg

Yes you have scarring. Accutane won't help with the scarring, but it is not causing it either. These are the marks left from the inflammation of your acne. The good news is the marks will fade and disappear over time (particuarly since you are young!), but the bad news is that you will need to just give it time and patience.

Well everyone is different. I would say maybe in 6 months there'd be a pretty noticeable fading? I don't know. I know that when I was younger the red marks would be gone in about that time. Now that I'm older, it takes longer :( There are many factors involved including overall health, skin type, age, genetic tendency to scar...etc etc.

Don't stress too much and start enjoying your clear skin! You can always use concealer while you wait for the marks to fade :)