Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Rhebeka Waldron

cover-up and makeup suggestions.

Guest Rhebeka Waldron

So, I'm a 15 year old girl that has just started high school and my acne has went crazy. I've been using a lot of products, for about two months each. They work alright, but I think my cover-up might be a problem to the out breaks I've been having recently. I'm extremelyinsecure about the way my skin looks, so I try to cover it up as much as possible with makeup and I wish I didn't have to. My complexion was almost perfect before, but then I started middle school and it went completely down-hill. :snooty: I just need a good cover-up product that I can use to cover up some of the discolored skin that I have from little scars or pimples, yet not clog up my pores and make me break out really bad. Any suggestions, or advice? :think:

I've used Prescriptives concealer for years and years and years. They are known for matching skin tone very closely ... the one they recommended for me is a great match. I use a real small MAC brush and my magnifying mirror to gingerly work to cover all the 'spots.' Then everything else I put on my face is powder based, starting next with Clinique's 'Redness Solutions' yellow mineral powder, and then Bobbi Brown products including an all over 'base' powder, a little bronzer, a little blush, and a little powder eyeliner. Then it's Maybelline mascara and I'm done! Good luck with your routine, you'll find a process that's right for you, all the best, S4s

If you're only going to concentrate on spots then stick with using just a concealer and, at most, a translucent powder to set the concealer.

Try to use the absolute minimum you need so you don't make your acne worse! Makeup can start a bad cycle of breakouts and covering that's hard to stop unless you abandon the makeup. Wash it off as soon as you get home too, unless your skin is dry

So, I'm a 15 year old girl that has just started high school and my acne has went crazy. I've been using a lot of products, for about two months each. They work alright, but I think my cover-up might be a problem to the out breaks I've been having recently. I'm extremelyinsecure about the way my skin looks, so I try to cover it up as much as possible with makeup and I wish I didn't have to. My complexion was almost perfect before, but then I started middle school and it went completely down-hill. :snooty: I just need a good cover-up product that I can use to cover up some of the discolored skin that I have from little scars or pimples, yet not clog up my pores and make me break out really bad. Any suggestions, or advice? :think:

Hey, did you guys hear that Perscriptives is going out of business?

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/22807/

Use a tinted moisturiser from clinique, and a heavy concealer such as dermablend. Works like a doll. And some powder over.