Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I been using it 2 weeks, and it working : ),,,,,, BUT I'm peeling a lot, What can I do, Such I keep going with the regimen? Is working don't get me wrong, but my face is peeling a lot. And is RED,,,

Reply thanks : )

Be patient (this thread had only been up for about two hours when you made your second post), and keep in mind that not everybody that views a thread has the answers.

Reddish, flaky skin is pretty normal early on in The Regimen. If your skin is very red and flaky, you may have started to fast, or you may be sensitive to BP.

This is from the FAQs:

Q: My skin looks absolutely terrible. It is peeling off, red, and I am miserable. What do I do?

A: You are either allergic to benzoyl peroxide, or you started too fast. 1-3% of people are allergic to benzoyl peroxide and experience swelling and/or crusting. If your skin swells up, discontinue use immediately. Most likely if you are experiencing severe dryness/redness, you simply started too fast. It takes a few days to a few weeks for your skin to become acquainted with benzoyl peroxide, and the redness/dryness should subside with time. Using a non-overdrying liquid cleanser can help prevent this dryness as well. Also, be sure to moisturize liberally. If you really can't stand the dryness, stop the Regimen completely, give your skin a few days to recover, and begin again with a much smaller dosage, only ramping up the dosage as you feel comfortable. But remember, you eventually need to use A LOT of benzoyl peroxide to achieve total clearing.

my skins doing the same thing maybe cut back a few days & give your skin time to ajust to the bp.this is what im going to do & just tought i'ed share

good luck