Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya94

Coconut Oil and Nano Bombs to Cure Acne? (Lauric Acid)

Treat Acne with Coconut Oil and Nano-bombs

There is a new acne treatment being developed that involves lauric acid (found in breast milk and coconut oil) that is inserted into nano-bombs. The lauric acid is suppose to kill P. acnes, which are the bacteria that cause acne.

I'm really thinking this can work...Acne can't exist if there is no bacteria, right? And the key ingredient, lauric acid, is natural; it can't be harmful. Right??? :think:

Edited by Maya94

Hey, do you think if you eat enough coconut oil it may have a similar effect in treating acne? I already started out with a few Tbs a day and was thinking of increasing the amount after reading about this, any thoughts?

Hey, do you think if you eat enough coconut oil it may have a similar effect in treating acne? I already started out with a few Tbs a day and was thinking of increasing the amount after reading about this, any thoughts?

Well I'm not so sure about your question; wish I could help... It could have the same effect, you should try it!

All the redness and inflammation is the poor response of your immune system to bacteria. Acnes is present always in the skin, even in normal people, and your body keep 'em at bay.

Lauric Acid use in the case of that study is interesting since seems to be use on the spot a kill bacteria in 24 hours so eliminating that pimple. Hope it works, but acnes bacteria is part of us, like the bacteria in your intestines, stomach, etc.