Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keikoluv

Accutane? Spironolactone? Aesthetician?

Ok so...my story is a long one. I have had acne since puberty (about 9 years ago); I just turned twenty and it seems like ive developed cystic acne as a gift! booo!! I have been seeing a medical aesthetician for about 4 months; she completely cleared my face except for the occasional pimple around my period. However, after my last visit she did some really intense stuff and since then i have had hard, painful, cystic acne on my jawline and cheeks. i went to the derm a few days ago...begging for a real solution, no more products, creams and washes...i want a fix! anyway she didnt listen; she immediately told me she doesnt believe in accutane and she wouldnt give me spironolactone until i had my blood tested and would only give it to me if my testosterone levels were abnormal. she gave me some products that i know arent potent enough. i have been talking with my aesthetician and she is going to do some more work...repair some damage. but i just want to know who to fix this relatively quickly...im getting engaged soon! my best friend just finished accutane and looks amazing...but i know that its a dangerous drug. I have thought about ordering spiro from an online pharmacy but am a little wary of that. o and i started birth control (trinessa) about a month ago...it doesnt seem to be helping. I want a fix!!! ok so my question is...should i order spiro online, continue to see my aesthetician, or find a doctor whos not afraid of accutane?

I would not recommend buying any prescription drug online...you never know what you're going to get. A lot of stuff sold online is fake and could cause really serious problems (like heart or liver issues). I'd recommend going to a different dermatologist if you aren't happy with the treatments she suggested. Maybe she meant she didn't believe in putting you on accutane since you haven't tried everything else first? That's what I had to do, topicals, antibiotics, all of it, and THEN accutane. What products did she give you?

Ok so...my story is a long one. I have had acne since puberty (about 9 years ago); I just turned twenty and it seems like ive developed cystic acne as a gift! booo!! I have been seeing a medical aesthetician for about 4 months; she completely cleared my face except for the occasional pimple around my period. However, after my last visit she did some really intense stuff and since then i have had hard, painful, cystic acne on my jawline and cheeks. i went to the derm a few days ago...begging for a real solution, no more products, creams and washes...i want a fix! anyway she didnt listen; she immediately told me she doesnt believe in accutane and she wouldnt give me spironolactone until i had my blood tested and would only give it to me if my testosterone levels were abnormal. she gave me some products that i know arent potent enough. i have been talking with my aesthetician and she is going to do some more work...repair some damage. but i just want to know who to fix this relatively quickly...im getting engaged soon! my best friend just finished accutane and looks amazing...but i know that its a dangerous drug. I have thought about ordering spiro from an online pharmacy but am a little wary of that. o and i started birth control (trinessa) about a month ago...it doesnt seem to be helping. I want a fix!!! ok so my question is...should i order spiro online, continue to see my aesthetician, or find a doctor whos not afraid of accutane?

I went thru the same process you did. Kept getting RX for retin A, antibiotics, topical everything and oral everything except accutane. Went to several dermatologists and kept going thru this routine for years. Then, I switched derms once more and I told her my story. She said, your acne is hormonal, you need spironalactone. She said this based on the fact that my acne was mostly on the lower half of my face and it worsened just prior to my period. No blood tests were required to make my diagnosis.

Within two months, I was almost acne free. And, now I have no acne at all. Not even during PMS! It was a life saver! I kept thinking...why doesn't someone treat the cause of the problem instead of trying to treat the symptoms? And this did it!

I'd go to a new dermatologist. And explain your story. And simply say, I have a friend who said she went thru this and was given Spironalactone and her acne is gone. Can you write me a RX for that?

I've discovered thru my process that you have to be bold but nice. Just ask. But don't sit there idle and let them take you thru that same endless process you've been thru time and again.

So, take control. But be nice. Find a new derm. Get spironalactone and get rid of your acne! And, a great bonus...it's dirt cheap! I have insurance and mine costs $5! It's been out forever so you can get the generic. I'm pretty sure it's even cheap without insurance.

Good luck!

DGJ