Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
olive14

Best Compliment I've Ever Received: A Positive Post!

So for a long time I've had severe acne. Severe in type, fairly mild in number. But for a long time I couldn't remember any time since I started breaking out that I hadn't had at least one cyst on my face. I've been on Ortho Tri Cyclen and Sodium Sulfacetamide for about 80 days now, and it's working out beautifully for me.

I had been dating a guy for 16 months, and we recently broke up about 3.5 weeks ago. I was very upset about this at first, but I realized he was pretty emotionally abusive to me, and he didn't deserve me. So I went out on a date with a new guy about a week or so ago. And it went so well.

I've never felt more confident about my appearance. I wasn't afraid to look him in the eyes, or notice that he was looking at me, which is something I would never do when my skin was bad. He was a bit intimidating. He's from Ireland, and yes, has a dead sexy Irish accent. But he also has this gorgeous, untouched by acne pale Irish skin. Which I totally complimented him on. Which prompted him to compliment me on my skin as well.

It just made me feel sooooo good. I don't have anything on my face right now, I still have some scarring and I'm a bit self conscious about it still, but seriously. To receive a compliment like that? I don't think anyone has ever said that to me. No, they haven't. Not in my entire life has someone told me "Olivia, you have beautiful skin". I've heard, "Olivia your skin looks so much better". But not beautiful. Nope, no one has ever told me that it was beautiful.

Needless to say, this relationship is working out so far :).

Anyways, I just wanted to put something positive on here. When I had my acne before I got it treated (I still have it, just not at the moment because things are working out for me) I felt like I would never get that sort of compliment. It's always about my eyes or my smile. But now it's the whole package :).

I'm also thinking that my ex boyfriend gave me some serious stress related acne. I mean, he was incredibly emotionally abusive. It's always been hormonal, but stress activates hormones. So there has to be some truth to that, right?

Aww yay for you ^_^

Heres a few that have stuck with me:

- Girl at the gym said i have a nice bum

- some person (forgotten who it was) said i have a manly reporters voice lol

- A mother of a kid i teach to swim said ill be a great father one day :D

- Another girl at the gym said i look rugged :cool:

And some other little ones ^_^

None about my skin :( lol Although i have a nice little bread basket ^_^

I've never been complimented about my appearance.

how does it feel?

Actually people have said;

You don't look right, are you ok?

You look different, you ok?

whatever you're washing your face with you gotta stop, you look like some kind of alien '/motion hands to front of face and pull back/'

Edited by masg

I don't think I've ever been complimented on my appearance either. Must be nice.

I'm pretty sure I've seen you before, by the way. I have a friend in Colorado who said she had a friend that looked exactly like Zooey Deschenel and linked me to your facebook as proof. Small world.

Edited by King Rat

- some person (forgotten who it was) said i have a manly reporters voice lol

Ahaha. :lol:

But seriously Olive, good for you. :D Nice to hear that things are looking up