Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Termolyt

How long to wait before Differin

Hello. I took my last pills 2 weeks ago, and my derm has prescribed me Differin (adapalene) and I forgot to ask if I could begin using it immediately or if I should wait. Of course it takes days or weeks to get a new phone appointment. That's why I'm asking you. Anyone began using Differin after Accutane, and if so, how long after the course?

noone knows for sure but you, how ones skin react to anything is quite different for everybody if you skin is in good condition you can use adaplene right now, anyway consult your physician first.

Ya, everyones skin reacts different and was in a different state while on accutane. My dr. prescribed Retin-A for me to use once im done. I waited a couple weeks before starting...and still even now I use it every 3rd day.

Okay. My skin still has some healing cysts and a lot of red marks, but otherwise no significant active acne. Would it be ok to start using Differin?

Maybe you could start using it like once or twice a week and build up from there? This would let you gauge whether or not your skin is ready for it.