Notifications
Clear all

I think the WORST PART about red marks is...

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 04/22/2010 12:18 pm

...that it feels like you don't know who you are anymore. Aside from the fact that having red/purple dots on your face is the most unnatural thing ever, the fact that somedays they are lighter and some days darker makes you feel hopeless, and like your living a lie. The days it's decent you feel good... but you know you're at their mercy and that if they change, your mood changes too, which makes you feel like the happiness you're feeling is not something real... because it can be taken away so easily.

I would not mind these dots if they stayed faint, but what really pisses me off is that they seemed better these past 3 weeks no matter what I did, and today after shaving they were just red, but are STAYING that way, hours later.

That's what pisses me off the most, when it feels like your moving backwards, because it makes you feel like any progress they make in the future will just be taken away in one night, for no goddamn reason... I feel really hopeless about this right now, it makes things like getting married or even having a girlfriend seem pretty much impossible... some nights I get so frustrated I just want to take a knife and cut the spots out... though I won't b/c I know that will only leave horrible scars. This knocks my confidence so much, to the point where I can be so confident talking to girls to avoiding them at all costs (on a day like today). Fuck these things, I'm tired of fighting this stupid battle...

Any thoughts or comments is appreciated...

bye

MemberMember
(@lisa14)

Posted : 04/22/2010 9:34 pm

...that it feels like you don't know who you are anymore. Aside from the fact that having red/purple dots on your face is the most unnatural thing ever, the fact that somedays they are lighter and some days darker makes you feel hopeless, and like your living a lie. The days it's decent you feel good... but you know you're at their mercy and that if they change, your mood changes too, which makes you feel like the happiness you're feeling is not something real... because it can be taken away so easily.

I would not mind these dots if they stayed faint, but what really pisses me off is that they seemed better these past 3 weeks no matter what I did, and today after shaving they were just red, but are STAYING that way, hours later.

That's what pisses me off the most, when it feels like your moving backwards, because it makes you feel like any progress they make in the future will just be taken away in one night, for no goddamn reason... I feel really hopeless about this right now, it makes things like getting married or even having a girlfriend seem pretty much impossible... some nights I get so frustrated I just want to take a knife and cut the spots out... though I won't b/c I know that will only leave horrible scars. This knocks my confidence so much, to the point where I can be so confident talking to girls to avoiding them at all costs (on a day like today). Fuck these things, I'm tired of fighting this stupid battle...

Any thoughts or comments is appreciated...

bye

I cant stand them either. If my red marks went away, my skin wouldnt look so horrible. It looks like I still have acne but all I have are few breakouts here and there but the red marks and scars bring me down and make me look UGLY. It sucks because I know I'm pretty. These marks hold me back. I'm 22 and I honestly believe I will never ever get married. Its a dream of mine, I have so much love to give, but I know it wont ever happen.

I'm trying to treat them again, but the last time I did, I was left with indented scars:( I cant win.

MemberMember
(@spectacled_owl)

Posted : 04/22/2010 10:40 pm

Today was a bad red mark day for me too Probably because the Sooper Sexy Smart Guy was at my job today. I know I'm gonna regret typing that haha

I don't understand how I can do the same wash/moisturize/makeup routine everyday... yet it's a surprise result every time!

Such a fun game.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 04/22/2010 11:34 pm

I know what you guys mean, like without the red marks I'm good looking, but when they are bright I feel like a freak, and don't want to be seen by anyone. They hold me back so much, I go from fearless to ashamed to be seen by my family... it's such a back and forth of emotions and that's why it really makes you question who you are. I'm I confident or am I afraid, am I good looking or am I hideous... and it sucks that the answer to this question lies in the power of these stupid red marks everyday. I'm so tired of this...

MemberMember
(@jc90)

Posted : 04/23/2010 10:48 am

I know what you guys mean, like without the red marks I'm good looking, but when they are bright I feel like a freak, and don't want to be seen by anyone. They hold me back so much, I go from fearless to ashamed to be seen by my family... it's such a back and forth of emotions and that's why it really makes you question who you are. I'm I confident or am I afraid, am I good looking or am I hideous... and it sucks that the answer to this question lies in the power of these stupid red marks everyday. I'm so tired of this...

I feel your pain, im exactly the same

MemberMember
(@gilmour56)

Posted : 04/25/2010 10:20 am

ive got the same problem, for some reason when i thought id find a cure for acne i thought the red marks just wouldnt be there and it would take two weeks to get better

its so frustrating, one side of my face isnt too bad anymore but the other is very red from marks. it feels so smooth but looks awful and bruised.

vitamin e oil seems to be slowly helping but its just something im gonna have to deal with

MemberMember
(@imre)

Posted : 04/25/2010 11:06 am

I agree with what everyone has said so far. I can deal with the acne scarring because it's light, and makes me look somewhat distinguished (haha), but the redmarks make my skin look terrible. My redmarks are mostly on my neck and under jaws, but I have a lot, and they are very red/noticeable. Sometimes I just don't want to go outside because they never really go away. Like Gilmour56 said, they are smooth, but look awful and bruised. Sometimes I wonder if that's the worst part because they are just there for no apparent reason, and you can't just pop them away like pimples...

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 04/25/2010 3:46 pm

Ya it really does look horrible... that sounds bad. I think the worst though is the feeling of hopelessness, you know, those days that make you forget any progress the marks have made because they look so deep red/purple you believe they will never fade to the level you want.................... fuck this man if my marks faded more i guarantee my life would be twice as good....

MemberMember
(@themattchine)

Posted : 04/26/2010 2:37 am

I hate my red and other colored marks so much. I can't even bring myself to do simple tasks because I feel so hopeless. I wake up every morning and go to bed every night with the same frustrations and can't do anything about them. I am on accutane now and most of my acne has gone away, yet im left with dozens of these blemishes. The worst part is i am attractive its just that these hide what i truly look like.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 04/26/2010 10:12 am

@TheMattchine

I feel you pain exactly man, these red marks ruin lives I swear. I can't focus on simple things because they've made me so self conscious they are all I ever think about now. And I feel hopeless, especially those days where for no reason they are super inflamed and dark, that's when I feel I'm moving backwards and get really down... do you ever have moments where they seem much darker for no reason? Also, do you notice they seem darker when touched, washed, etc?

MemberMember
(@misery-agony-pain-hate)

Posted : 04/26/2010 10:47 pm

i cant even remember what i really look like anymore behind these hideous red marks. there is literally not one clear spot on my face. every pimple leaves a mark and mine never fade no matter what. my life is fucked. fuck red marks.

MemberMember
(@nolimits)

Posted : 04/27/2010 4:55 pm

I do have to agree, I really can't remember what I looked like without scars and it scares me to think that I'll never see myself in a perfect face again because either I'll get wrinkles before the scars go away and then it's just hopeless. I try to think of how pretty I would be without them but I don't want to get my hopes up.

It really sucks because ALL my friends have beautiful faces, no acne, no scars, and if they get acne it's like nothing too bad. I break out sometimes now but my scars make me look so gross, people think I just break out a lot and it isn't true! I'm even afraid to show my face with my family since they all have better skin then me.

My scars are really all I can think of in class and everywhere because it's like what are they seeing when they look at me, that ugly scar or that one or maybe the pimple I have? It's like i wanna tear my face off and let it grow new skin, idc how painful it would be.

If I could just press a restart button on all of my mistakes my life would be so much better.

MemberMember
(@troubledtimes)

Posted : 04/27/2010 11:27 pm

I wish I could meet you people, I feel exactly the same... Being around the people I know and staying in the same place just seems so daunting to me, every time I see a new pimple I dread the month or so the mark will be extremely noticable. I like to walk the streets in town as a complete stranger and get lost in the crowd, another freak in the freak kingdom

MemberMember
(@electric_feel)

Posted : 04/28/2010 12:40 pm

I can't remember the last time I looked in the mirror and did not see red marks.

I have really fair skin, so ANY pimple will leave a red mark no matter how insignificantly small. It sucks! It's a never-ending cycle for me, until I stop getting pimples, period. *sigh*

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/28/2010 12:53 pm

This is the first time I've ever come across people who are going through the same thing I am (thank God for acne.org!). Everybody I know has pretty near perfect skin! Argh. My marks take a while to fade, but thankfully they're not so bad.. A miracle product for me has been Angela Wall Honey Healer, I would SO swear by this! It's an all-natural ointment for scars etc. Try it! I did (in the past, and had a mark-free face.. Until the next damn breakout anyway) :D.

MemberMember
(@sprite69)

Posted : 04/29/2010 4:26 pm

Guys - there's no reason to be so sad and loose control of your lives. These red marks WILL fade over time and you will have nice even skin. I know that it's annoying but it's not permanent. You can do some treatments to speed it up. Heads up!

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 05/02/2010 11:39 am

I understand what you mean but there are 2 things wrong with that post:

1) It's hard not to lose control and be depressed when you look in the mirror and see big ugly red blotches, you feel like a freak and don't want to be seen by anyone, so naturally it starts consuming your life.

2) It's hard to imagine they disappear when it's been 2 years and they are just as bright as they use to be, or you shave or wash your face and BOOM bright red ugly spots. Do you know how it feels, it makes you not even want to leave the bathroom, and everyone around you has such nice clear skin...

MemberMember
(@fraz_2010)

Posted : 05/02/2010 3:07 pm

1) It's hard not to lose control and be depressed when you look in the mirror and see big ugly red blotches, you feel like a freak and don't want to be seen by anyone, so naturally it starts consuming your life.

2) It's hard to imagine they disappear when it's been 2 years and they are just as bright as they use to be, or you shave or wash your face and BOOM bright red ugly spots. Do you know how it feels, it makes you not even want to leave the bathroom, and everyone around you has such nice clear skin...

Its important to keep in mind that their are millions of more people out there with the same problem as us.

A lot of people just use concealers to cover their skin up. (Even guys are doing it these days).

The best way to deal with red marks is to find a moisturizer that absorbs quickly into the skin without clogging up your pores.

Once you find a moisturizer that suites your skin, its important to maintain consistant with it and give it a few months to work its magic.

MemberMember
(@sprite69)

Posted : 05/02/2010 5:48 pm

1) I know exactly how you feel about it because thats the reason why i prefer not to look in the mirror in certain lighting ;) I swear, some time ago it was killing me and i couldnt think about anything else. I have scars too, so its not so easy to get rid of it (impossible?).

But guess what, some time ago i told my girlfriend about that and she said that im stupid that im worrying about that and she doesnt even notices that and doesnt give a shit.

I know its annoying when you see that your friends have perfect skin, but on the other hand i can see a lot of people on the streets with marks/scars, sometimes with beautifull girls. I think that part of them really dont worry about it.

What benefits gives you looking into the mirror and thinking "oh my god im so ugly i feel like shit"?

None. Try to change it.

2) About 2 years ago i had lots of breakouts that left me with red marks all over my cheeks. I did a microdermabrasion + chemical peels at beautician few times and it has helped me a lot.

Unfortunately, i had breakouts again a year later and now i have red marks+scars. ;) If my acne will clear up i will take series of peels or microdermabrasion again.

Maybe try some treatment? If you have money maybe some lasers?

Cheers

MemberMember
(@anta)

Posted : 05/02/2010 9:27 pm

Yeah, these red marks are pissing me off. I don't even care about the small indentations I have on my temples and cheeks, as long as the red marks fucking go away. I would be happy if they were gone. Even though makeup can help disguise them to the point that I look 'normal' once I take it off reality sinks in. Gosh, 2 years is an awful long time, and it's not like I haven't been patient. For 6 months, I've been consistently using dan's aha, while I do see noticeable improvements, there nowhere near where I'd like them to be. Fucking sake. Please go away!!!

I feel like using a sandpaper and scrubbing it on my red marks.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 05/02/2010 11:41 pm

I really feel your pain Anta... i can't help but laugh a little cause I remember you replied to another post of mine awhile back saying you've grown to live with them etc lol kinda funny...

But yes. This does fuckin sucks. I know exactly how you feel... I'm a guy and sometimes I wear makeup to cover the spots, that's how bad it is. they are all I think of, and I know it's them cause when they are covered I am free and funny and myself. Like the topic says, the worst part is somedays are good and somedays they are so fucking red that you never feel comfortable cause you know your never too far away from feeling hopeless again...

MemberMember
(@anta)

Posted : 05/03/2010 4:18 am

Yeah, lol. For some reason, they started to piss me off when I looked at myself in the mirror after washing. They looked so inflamed and angry. I thought they were getting better. Maybe I was just oblivious. Bleh, it's funny how one day they seem like they're fading tons, yet other days you see them for what they actually are, fucking little devils. ALL I WANT IS UNBLEMISHED SKIN. It sucks how these 'dots' can kill someone's confidence and make them feel so damn ugly. I also hate my fucking derm who won't prescribed anything that would help them fade any faster and said the same old "wait 5-8months or 2 years and they'll be gone." Fuck you.

I'm a college student, so laser treatments are out of the question. I'm stuck using otc products that takes forever to show results, and when they do it's only minimal at best.

MemberMember
(@troubledtimes)

Posted : 05/03/2010 4:46 am

I just figured it out.. Im going to try grow a beard.. cooome on facial hair growth

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 05/03/2010 9:44 am

@ Anta

Yes, I hate that. I have two red marks on the left side of my cheek, it's so frustrating cause they are so prominent. Right in the front, one above the other. I know derms say 2 years but sometimes it doesn't seem like they will fade and even so, 2 years? What the fuck, stupid fuckin skin takes 2 goddamn years do get rid of a little redness? That's fuckin... that doesn't even make sense since it can heal a big wound in like 4 months. I hate when they seem "irritated" too because they get all red and it's like 1) Great, now I feel shitty for no reason and 2) This is so stupid i shouldn't even be going through this in the first place, especially almost 2 years later. Thank god for this site... lol

MemberMember
(@anta)

Posted : 05/03/2010 10:44 am

Same here! I have two red marks on the left side of my cheek from the purging process I had with aha. All is good now except for the remaining ones I've had for 5 months and counting. I just bought a retinol product at Shoppers, and I'm hoping this will help fade them even more. The aha is great for preventing acne and giving you a smoother complexion, but fading pihs is another story. I don't think I can wait 2 years, that is too fucking long. And who's to say that they will disappear by then? For all I know I can get an onset of breakouts that will cause new red marks to surface on top of the ones I have. I feel like derms knows absolutely jack about treating red marks. My derm scoffs at me and tells me to pretend it's not there. Jackass. It's hard when your face is plastered with it. And who would want to wait two years? Certainly not me! If there's something on the market that will effectively get rid of these red marks with given time, I will more than willing to shell some of my money. But the only thing that provides instant results are laser treatments. And most of the effective treatments you can only get with a prescription from your derm. My derm is of absolutely no help in this matter. He likes the "do nothing approach." Can't believe he's getting paid for giving the most unhelpful advice.