Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All of sudden this year any product I use my skin becomes dry. I think it is due to the benzoyl peroxide I used back in Jan. I than stopped using it. But now my skin is dry. ANYWHOO. I bought this neutrogena advanced solution. But I am terrifed to use it in case it dries my skin. I've never been one to use lotion on my face afraid to break out more. Is there any products out there that wont dry my skin???? Plus when I do put moisturizer my skin still has flakes will that go away each day I do this.Like will it get better as time goes on. Its a huge dilemma. I am just staring at the box as I write. :naughty:

All of sudden this year any product I use my skin becomes dry. I think it is due to the benzoyl peroxide I used back in Jan. I than stopped using it. But now my skin is dry. ANYWHOO. I bought this neutrogena advanced solution. But I am terrifed to use it in case it dries my skin. I've never been one to use lotion on my face afraid to break out more. Is there any products out there that wont dry my skin???? Plus when I do put moisturizer my skin still has flakes will that go away each day I do this.Like will it get better as time goes on. Its a huge dilemma. I am just staring at the box as I write. :naughty:

Well, what I use now (after using the neutrogena advanced solutions) is a gentle cleanser (basically cetaphil, but mine is a generic version), vaseline aloe fresh moisturizer with 100% Tea Tree Oil (10 drops added), and a generic version of aveeno daily moisturizing lotion. The cleanser and moisturizer are both fragrance free and non-comedogenic. Also, they don't dry out my face. The tea tree oil + aloe moisturizer does dry out my face a little bit, but not nearly as much as BP did. Plus, Aloe Vera is good for acne-prone skin.

Hope this helps.

I'm one of the biggest Kiehl's fans on the planet. I could recommend several of their products, but it's an expensive line, and not everyone is interested in spending like $45 on a jar of exquisite (but yes crazy-expensive) moisturizer ... ?????????

Hi, my skin used to be crazy-dry and crazy-sensitive. Here's the routine that has worked best for me over the years: In the shower in the morning I use Neutrogena's fragrance-free cleansing bar. After the shower I pat dry my face, then I put on Kiehl's Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner (100% alcohol free). I just put some in the palm of my hand and apply with my fingertips liberally, and I let that absorb/dry for a minute or 2. Then I pat on Kiehl's Creme d' Elegance Repairateur cream. I let that absorb for 4 or 5 minutes. Then I blot off the excess with (I know this may sound silly) regular-old Vanity Fair lint-free napkins. Then all of my make-up that goes on is powder-based.

I blot my face with clean regular-old napkins through the day to keep the shine off. And at night I DON'T wash my face again. I just make sure to change my pillowcases every 3 days or so.

Anyway, that's the same routine that I've used for a long, long time. I use other Kiehl's products for spot treatments, and their lip balm is the best! Kiehl's has been around since 1851, started by a pharmacist in NYC for his pharmacy customers. The company remained in the same family until about 10 years when it was sold to L'Oreal. Thank goodness the products remain exactly the same.

And I promise you that I don't work for Kiehl's! I'm actually a university prof. Anyway, best of luck dear with whatever routine you decide to try!

Me again, I woke up this morning realizing that I had left out an important step = concealer! After I blot off excess moisturizer (and I blot and blot and blot to do this, the cream is rich, but so worth the effort for how it benefits my skin I believe), I get to work with my Prescriptives concealer and my tiny MAC makeup brush and my magnifying mirror to start to gingerly cover all the spots. Then all of the powder products that go on afterwards are patted on, not swept across the skin, to help keep the concealer in place.

I'm getting ready to go start this process now! Have a great day!