Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sbjj0701

How long does it take for minocyclin to start working????

So yes, I'm just curious, if anyone here has been on minocyclin, how long did it take for it to start really showing some effect? I just finished my first month and i keep breaking out :( should i just wait it out a little longer, or look for another solution?

i used minocyclin and hated it! i tried to stick it out but seemed like it drew all my acne out! (which could have been a good thing, maybe) it also made my hair and clear skin (that surrounded my zits) soooo dull!

when i stopped the minocyclin i was able to get my skin a little better under control

I have also tried tetracyclin which was a little better but ULTRA drying...

It depends on the body and your type of acne...the first time I took it, it actually took 6 months before I really noticed a huge difference. I just recently went back on it last Fall and it took about 2.5 months to start to work. Just hang in there and keep it up. Also take vitamin C with it, it can help with some of the rare side effects like blue discoloration.

I'm about two months in and still ask that question man. Antibiotics take time

I've been on solodyn (type of minocycline) for almost 3 months. I still break out (especially around my period), but I notice that I break out less, and heal quicker. I have a lot of acne that just sort of sticks around for months (not just red marks, but lumps). It helped with that too. It has been very, very gradual. But I've definately made a huge improvement. It hasn't been quick, but there is a definate difference in my skin now. The longer I stay on it, the better my skin has become. If only those red marks would fade faster!

I'm on Solodyn right now also and it's my 16th day today and during these two weeks my skin broke out so bad! I was so sad and wanted to stop it. I was told it's just pushing all the acne out and it's the IB. Hopefully it starts clearing up soon! I was on 45mg and the doctor put me on 65 for two weeks (samples)...since I don't weigh enough to be prescribed 65mg legally. Then back to 45mg after. hopefully I clear up soon!