Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
extraordinarygurl8916

Have completed a full course of Accutane..But..

Hi! I have been through a full course of Accutane..a couple years ago, I completed it right before I turned 17. I am now 20, and the acne has come back.

I work at a fast food restaraunt and I am around oil/grease all the time..I also must wear a hat constantly..could these be the problem?

Shortly after I got off of Accutane, I was just washing with Cetaphil. After a few months, I noticed that I was breaking out a little..so I decided to use something off the store shevles. When that stopped working, I tried something else.

My skin seems to be really sensitive..one thing dries it out so badly that it peels, and the other doesn't do a thing!

Needless to say, it has gradually gotten worse..and now I am self-conscious again because of it. I can find nothing that helps. I have tried quitting everything, and just washing with Cetaphil again..but to no avail!

I even tried going back to the dermatologist when this was beginning, and he wanted to put me on a medication that hadn't worked before. I didn't want to ask about going at another round of Accutane, because of some of the slight side effects it has had on me. I am about to lose medical coverage, and it is almost to late to go to the dermatologist again, anyway...

Can anybody help me??

Accutane is not a permanent cure for everyone. Many people need a second or even third (or fourth) course to stay clear.

So the answer is: If accutane is the only thing that works, then you need it again (if you want to get clear).