Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First of all, thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. I just need to get this out. My skin has me down in the dumps. I hate to say it, but I deal with that by eating.

I love to be outside and be active, but my skin has been keeping me inside and feeling crappy. I have been eating a ton of food... to the point where my stomach is going to burst. I feel like I belong on Man vs. Food. I am a 22 yr old female... I try to take a bath, distract myself, call someone, etc. etc. etc... but the urge to eat still remains. Today I ate... oatmeal, carrots, veggie soup, 3 cans of campbell's tomato soup, 2 grilled cheese sandwhiches! a bunch of chocolate chips, a large bowl of broccoli... some walnuts... it's pathetic.... and the day before was all the same stuff along with 2 fiber bars, an apple, a salad, raisins, chips, and an extra grilled cheese!

I know it's dumb to deal with the pain by eating (which could be making my face worse... I certainly don't need the cheese... and I'm sure having such a packed full stomach is stressing my digestive system).

I usually start off my days pretty well... and I work all day and do alright. It's usually in the afternoon when I get home from work that everything goes down the drain. The urge to eat just gets worse as the night goes on. And what a waste of money too - it's expensive to eat that much!

If anyone has advice or encouragement I'd appreciate it. I'd prefer you don't remind me of how pathetic I am though - I already know that!

I definitely think overeating is making your skin worse. I made a topic about this a few months ago when I noticed I was eating alot throughout the day. Now that I'm making a conscious effort to eat a reasonable amount of food I am finding it helps my skin.

Good luck =)

I definitely think overeating is making your skin worse. I made a topic about this a few months ago when I noticed I was eating alot throughout the day. Now that I'm making a conscious effort to eat a reasonable amount of food I am finding it helps my skin.

Good luck =)

oh your lucky i just starve myself. its so funny. i take about 500 pictures daily with my webcam of how bad my skin is, and i've noticed over the past couple months how skinny my face is getting. hahahhahahah it doesn't matter if you overeat or starve yourself, your skin...well...it's gonna do what it wants! lololol HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

First of all, thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. I just need to get this out. My skin has me down in the dumps. I hate to say it, but I deal with that by eating.

I love to be outside and be active, but my skin has been keeping me inside and feeling crappy. I have been eating a ton of food... to the point where my stomach is going to burst. I feel like I belong on Man vs. Food. I am a 22 yr old female... I try to take a bath, distract myself, call someone, etc. etc. etc... but the urge to eat still remains. Today I ate... oatmeal, carrots, veggie soup, 3 cans of campbell's tomato soup, 2 grilled cheese sandwhiches! a bunch of chocolate chips, a large bowl of broccoli... some walnuts... it's pathetic.... and the day before was all the same stuff along with 2 fiber bars, an apple, a salad, raisins, chips, and an extra grilled cheese!

I know it's dumb to deal with the pain by eating (which could be making my face worse... I certainly don't need the cheese... and I'm sure having such a packed full stomach is stressing my digestive system).

I usually start off my days pretty well... and I work all day and do alright. It's usually in the afternoon when I get home from work that everything goes down the drain. The urge to eat just gets worse as the night goes on. And what a waste of money too - it's expensive to eat that much!

If anyone has advice or encouragement I'd appreciate it. I'd prefer you don't remind me of how pathetic I am though - I already know that!

You need to keep yourself busy. If you don't have tasks to do already, make up things to do. Take up a hobby. Learn an instrument. Read a book. Do anything! If you can't go outside, then find something to do inside. You start your day off well because you're busy and you're doing something and you don't have time to think about your skin as much. Once you get home you get all negative again. I know what that is like. I do the same. That is why it is so important to stay busy. If you enjoy going outside then just avoid mirrors and let all the negative thoughts go and go outside and enjoy yourself! You deserve it! Don't let acne keep you from enjoying fresh air and sunshine. It will really help clear your mind. You're not engaging in whatever else you're doing to distract yourself enough. You really need to make some plans and go see a friend at their house or something. Friends always make you feel better and you can easily let go of your problems by being in their presence. Always works for me. Best of luck to you. And personally, I don't think it's bad to eat a lot of food as long as you eat just a little of the large amount at one time throughout the day and not a huge amount all at once. You should try to stay active too if you're eating a lot.

Good luck =)

oh your lucky i just starve myself. its so funny. i take about 500 pictures daily with my webcam of how bad my skin is, and i've noticed over the past couple months how skinny my face is getting. hahahhahahah it doesn't matter if you overeat or starve yourself, your skin...well...it's gonna do what it wants! lololol HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

That's not funny. That's sad. Please stop using your webcam to torture yourself. It's just making you feel crazy. You just need to stop hurting yourself emotionally. If it doesn't matter, like you believe, why are you starving yourself? Eat something! Enjoy life for God's/Buddha's/Dancing Unicorn in the Sky's sake.

Edited by persuadedflower

I don't think that's true Slave. I mean, people fast and during fasting you tend to not breakout at all. The less calories you consume the less sebum your body can produce, at least that's what I heard and it makes sense. If you're overeating you are likely (like the things the OP listed) eating all the wrong things too, which on top of overeating will probably really eff your skin.

I understand comforting yourself with food because I use to indulge in chocolate snacks and junk food to help keep myself occupied when I was feeling down.

You need to dig deep and find some will power because eating all that food will defiantly not help your acne.

Good luck.

First off try and not stress out about the situation. You can think clearer in a calm state of mind and not to mention it's just plain better for you. Ok then, it sounds to me like you're eating to sort of fill a gap - eating so much that you practically numb yourself to what you're currently feeling - I'm guilty of doing the same a while back (and from time to time now lol). My best piece of advice I can give you is to schedule 3 meals a day and force yourself not to eat any time else. Of course this means you have to think about and plan 3 healthy meals that will meet your calorie and nutritional needs in advance. Next work on why you feel what you feel (assuming my previous theory stacks up) and try and do something about it.

Laughing helps. or so I heard. Your acne will go away in no time if you keep up that positive attitude, s2m!

It would seem, outside of the grilled cheese sandwiches, that your diet is consisting of healthy things. And even the cheese sandwiches aren't all that - those could count as actual meals - and some chocolate never hurt anyone (unless you are allergic to it!) There is actually pretty solid evidence that the healthiest eaters eat lots of smaller meals during the day, so from reading your post, it doesn't sound so much like you are overeating.

But it IS important that you are recognizing that you are eating to satisfy emotional needs - which isn't bad in and of itself (food is salient in many ways), but if that is the only reason you are eating then that definitely isn't good for you.

What are the biggest stressors for you?

My biggest stressor? That would be my skin... everything else in my life is great or not that hard to deal with. I have a job I enjoy, a wonderful/supportive hubby, etc. I would say my skin is the only real issue that bothers me on a constant basis... especially cause I have no control over it (or feel that way at least).

I think I started overeating when I decided to come off Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo... I stumbled upon some threads on this site from girls who had their skin go crazy after stopping bc. My skin was never perfect on the pill, but it was better than it was previously. To think of going back to the way my skin was terrifies me! I couldn't handle it. Probably a dumb idea to go off the pill in the first place. It's been almost a month now and my skin hasn't taken a crap yet... but a lot of the women say it took 2 or 3 months. That's a long time to wait to find out what's going to happen.

Well thanks again for listening! Today is a new day and I'm going to force myself to spend time otuside and stay away from food as much as possible. At least there is no bread left in my house... I demolished it this week (besides a ton of grilled cheese sandwiches I've also been eating a ton of buttered bread!)

This is how I felt all day yesterday - :X

Are you craving the food? If you are then your body is most likely going through a growth period.

Being a male who exercises a lot i eat 20 times that lol! Im on 7000 calories a day!

well I doubt I am growing any taller... but if my eating stays this way I bet I will experience a growth period - a horizontal one!... I am not really craving any particular food... I'm just eating whatever I can get my hands on! I keep telling myself "this will be the last day I do this"... but it keeps turning into another day and then another. Who knows what will happen today

My overeating is worse than ever. I have moved on from mostly healthy foods to horrible junk food! An 8 pack of mini 100 grands, a loaf of cheesy bread with butter, cinnamon sugar toast, chocolate chips.... and tonight I bought Crunch Berries (they have hydrogenated oil! I haven't touched that stuff in forever... it's horrible!)

My stomach has been so stuffed that it hurts. Pathetic! I look pregnant - my usually flat tummy has just been expanding and expanding - it has no choice! I am going to call Adam from Man vs. Food and join him on the show - at least I could get paid for this crap!

My skin is getting increasingly angry- I'm surprised that doesn't stop me dead in my tracks... but it hasn't. Nothing has. And I'm worried nothing will.

Thanks for listening.

thanks so much for all the replies. any other advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. i am so sad.

so many other people deal with worse things... i have a great life - and i waste it like this. how horrible. it's such a shame. i am 22 and should be having the time of my life and feeling healthy and great and appreciating all the good things in my life - not drowning out all the bad ones with food.

hopefully i can eventually report back a positive outcome (with both my skin and my eating)

thanks so much for all the replies. any other advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. i am so sad.

so many other people deal with worse things... i have a great life - and i waste it like this. how horrible. it's such a shame. i am 22 and should be having the time of my life and feeling healthy and great and appreciating all the good things in my life - not drowning out all the bad ones with food.

hopefully i can eventually report back a positive outcome (with both my skin and my eating)

I find that i can focus my attention elsewhere when Reading books (the best), Watching movies, and exercise.

the damage continues. and it's getting worse.

I had one 'good' day a couple days ago - and then BAM... right back to it yesterday :(

10 pieces bread, about 1/2 stick butter, cheese (1/2 cup or so), milk STRAIGHT from the jug!!!, a ton of chocolate chips, raisins, carrots, oatmeal, tomato soup and more... when will this stop? What happened to my self control? I even stayed really busy last night and accomplished some stuff that I was really happy to get done.... but I still found time to eat. My face is not happy... I'm not sure if it's a result of coming off bc pills, the way I've been eating, or some other unknown factor. But I'm sure this eating isn't helping.

the other day I had beefaroni and a 12 oz. pack of craisins (an entired pack... which contains a whopping 206 grams of sugar!!!!! holy cow!)... fruity pebbles (have trans fat) with milk... this is all stuff I normally wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole!

I am just waiting for the day that I can update this and say "I've done great for a week" or something wonderful like that. I keep thinking I have this figured out and I am finally done wrecking my body.... but then I end up saying "screw it - what's one more day when I've already f***ed up so much?????"

I feel like I have dug myself into such a huge hole - the thought of climbing out is so overwhelming. I just keep sinking deeper and deeper..........

I finally hit my wall. I can't do it anymore. I am finished trashing my body and abusing myself through eating.

And hopefully my acne will be done as well!

The past weekend was awful (brats, fruit snacks, gushers, rice krispies/milk, chips, a ton of m&m's, a bunch of buttered bread, bagels/cream cheese, bacon, etc. Awful stuff!!!!!

It finally ended Sunday night... I was driving back home (after being with family all weekend) with my hubby and we stopped to grab something for supper. I sent him in to the store to get a box of bottlecaps and a bag of cheesy pretzels. I was thinking "what's another night of this...I'll start tomorrow"...

But then I forced myself to snap out of it. I called him on the cell phone and told him "skip everything... bring me a bag of baby carrots". He was like "uhhh, are you sure? What?"... he was SO proud of me! And it felt great! Yesterday I did failry good as well... still not perfect, but SO much better. It was still very hard though. That's what I have to accept.

It won't ever be easy. It's going to be a choice for me... every single day. I LOVE FOOD!!! I love it all... but it's not worth it anymore.

I'll be back here soon to write about how awesome I've been doing and how much I've improved :)

That's the spirit! I had a similar "snapping out of it" experience a couple years ago. It sounds like you're in the right mindset and really ready to take control.

For me, counting calories and measuring things out was the most helpful. Just give yourself a limit for the day and don't break it no matter what. Once you develop that self-control you can be more lenient with yourself. Good luck and stay strong. :D