Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
contendor

Keep getting random cystic/nodular acne

My skin was perfectly clear until high school, then I got it really bad. After trying all the OTC stuff, I went to a derm when I was about 18. I did one treatment of accutane. I despised how dry it made my skin, but it made it tons better. I still got it some, but not bad. After a few years, my acne is light but really bothers me still. I'm 22 now. Most my acne isn't that bad, but I seem to have maybe 2 weeks clearish before I get a huge nodular/cystic lump. I have one now almost the size of a quarter and it must stick out near 1/4".

My face is naturally pretty greasy, especially my forehead. I generally get these cystic lumps on the sides of my forehead. I wash my face twice a day. Not sure what to do at this point, I guess I will try seeing a derm again when I get a chance. The last one when I was 18 and got accutane suggested I only wash my face with lever 2000 soap. I wash my face twice a day. I don't really put much on my face after.

Any suggestions?

i was kind of like that too, after accutane my skin was red and looked irritated, and it was. It was probably due to dehydration i ended up eating more fruits/veg and more water which helped and i got cystic acne even less. I still drink water like a monster probably due to accutane