Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonima

Is it possible to OD Vitamin C?

I am taking absurd daily amounts of Vitamin C in order to lessen my depressed scars by boosting my collagen production. Hopefully. I am taking 4 pills daily of Vitamin C; each pill has 1667% Daily Value of Vitamin C (6668% Vitamin C total in supplements daily).

Is this enough, too much, or what? I have no idea.

That would be about 4 x 1000 mg if I'm correct. Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, 4 grams a day is not an overdose, though the recommended upper limit for an adult is 2 grams a day. Simply put: your body just expels what it doesn't need. Just watch your stools and lower the dosage if you get diarrhea.

I am taking absurd daily amounts of Vitamin C in order to lessen my depressed scars by boosting my collagen production. Hopefully. I am taking 4 pills daily of Vitamin C; each pill has 1667% Daily Value of Vitamin C (6668% Vitamin C total in supplements daily).

I've megadosed on vitamin C powder. When taken in grams, it is infinitely more packed than the pills you take. It would be very hard for you to OD on vitamin C, as it is water-soluble, and a lot of it go outs with your pee anyway. Question is, are you doing any physical treatments to your skin besides vit. C? The Vit. C won't do anything to scars by itself. You would need to combine it with some type of method that disrupts the scar, forcing it to heal, and if taking your Vit. C, you may have a better shot at producing the collagen.

I've megadosed on vitamin C powder. When taken in grams, it is infinitely more packed than the pills you take. It would be very hard for you to OD on vitamin C, as it is water-soluble, and a lot of it go outs with your pee anyway. Question is, are you doing any physical treatments to your skin besides vit. C? The Vit. C won't do anything to scars by itself. You would need to combine it with some type of method that disrupts the scar, forcing it to heal, and if taking your Vit. C, you may have a better shot at producing the collagen.

Ok, this brings back questions. Where and what is this powder; i want some! How do I break up the scar tissue myself safely? Just with small needles perhaps? I don't plan on spending money to get a consulation, then an appointment and ridiculous co-pays.

Also, I have noticed now that I have some inconsistent nodules and cysts on my lower cheeks, jaws, and chin now since I have been upping the Vit C intake. I have not had these for quite a while now. I think it was directly caused by the pills.

Oh, and to smoothmove, I am also applying ACV to my skin at night.