Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisa14

So my cousin and ex-bf got engaged

My cousin got engaged. I saw her photos and she is like so gorgeous and so is her fiance. Perfect skin from every angle of the photos. She is just beautiful.

My ex-bf also just got engaged and posted pics on Facebook of his fiance. She is also very beautiful, with perfect skin.

I couldn't help but feel sad and jealous. Happy for my cousin, but I just wished I looked like her, or atleast I had her skin. That's all I could think about was their skin and how I believed I should be engaged at this time in my life also. But it wont ever happen. They have all the things I should have and want.

It's just not fair.

Edited by Lisa14

:(

i believe i will never get married........and i definitely wont with my skin looking the way it does right now. impossible for me to find someone like this, and i wish i already had all that. i used to believe i would get married before my brothers and they're older than me. just another aspect of my life i thought would be way different at this stage *sigh*

I thought you were gonna say they got engaged to each other

me too.

Back to the orginal post I also look on facebook and envy my friends with their immaculate skin, but its just not worth it because you're only bringing yourself down even more. :cry:

I just hold on to hope ! one day my skin will be clear and my life will change. :) I'm currently taking accutane.

i bet there are certain things in our lfie we have but someone else wishes they had.

i read in the paper the other day that someone repeated something they had accomplished to themselves everyday.

and why not?

why does it have to be based on what we look like?

it should be what we are really proud of. not our looks, which is something we have no right to take pride in given we had nothing to do with them.

its not fair, i know. why should i ahve to ahve painful lesions all over my face while someone else has no idea what im going through? i guess its our lot and we have to deal with it.

if i try to look at myself objectively, without comparing myself to where i want to be, there is alot i should be happy and proud of.

You're probably beautiful too. Even before I had acne and became so forsakenly self conscious and aware about it, I could tell if a girl was beautiful or not, even if she had acne.

Do not worry. Marraige is not a sign of good skin, it's all about love. Good things happen in time.