Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lifeless

Does sunlight make depressed acne scars show up worse?

I always thought that sunlight helped to mask scars... Seeing that sunlight isn't directional and is basically everywhere, which wont create shadows. But recently I've been seeing my face in window reflections and the scars look more disfigured than in indoor lighting. I don't know if it is just the tinted windows that make scars look worse or what?

Is sunlight good or bad for hiding rolling/boxcar scars? I've never seen myself in a real mirror outside besides a car mirror which makes my face look good. So all i've been able to go on is window reflections!

Edited by Lifeless

sunlight is 2x worst than indoor lighting. it really creates the shadows especially 12pm when the sun is at it's highest point

sunlight is 2x worst than indoor lighting. it really creates the shadows especially 12pm when the sun is at it's highest point

Even when you are outside? Because like the OP, I feel that when the light comes from everywhere, scars look rather good. But when you're indoors or in your car and light only comes from one side, it will look bad. Actually only when the light comes from behind.

its worst when the sun is right above you or behind. so towards the evening its definitely better since the sun is not at its highest, it doesnt shadow much when the sunlight is not right above you. you should buy a small mirror and try looking at yourself when you're outdoors, you will see the difference. good luck. I hate my scars a lot more too when lighting is bad. Btw, how do you manage to function outside of your house (ie. go to school, go out etc etc). my scars just happened couple months ago and i have a hard time coping and i dont know what to do anymore :/.

It always looks worse on tinted windows, CD's, etc. I try not to see my reflection on such things, it's quite depressing.

The sun makes mine look worse, theres just no hiding from it.

I went to get my haircut yesterday and I HATE the mirrors that they have, my skin just looks so much worse than it normally does in shop windows.

i dislike cds also... I don't know what it is but CD's look bad.

In sunlight it's a mixed bag. Sometimes it looks great...sometimes awful...but not the worst.

I find when really bright yellow light or fluorescent light is over your head directly and shadows looks worse.

The question is. Do other people see our scars as we see them or better?

The question is. Do other people see our scars as we see them or better?

I think that question has alot to do with who is looking at your face. For instance, I'm a dude and when I look at another dudes face, I don't really notice their imperfections (not gay). But women, however, study a guy's face to the last detail if they are straight. I hate to say it, but I'm sure most women who haven't seen me before or don't know me probably notice the scars instantly. I like to look at myself in the harshest light and angle possible so I know what the worst scenario is :/

So in other words, expect the worst so that if you happen to look in a mirror with bad lighting, you aren't too terribly disappointed. But the bad side to this is.........it can kill your self-esteem to think in such a way.

Edited by Lifeless

You wont find one person on here who has not been shocked by how bad their scars look in certain sunlight and car mirrors. It a known fact and it suckkks.

it definately makes your scars look worse,

i had some photos taken of me long time ago in sunlight outdoors when i never realised how bad my acne actually was and i was shocked to see how bad my skin looked, up to this day i feel depressed just thinking about it. Acne scarring is a serious problem and what makes it even worse is the majority of people nowadays are shallow and i find it really hard even sitting for dinner with family every day and i hide my face whilst eating.

am 20 years old, for the past five or six years have had acne, i really miss the days when i was thirteen and lived a happy life, now its just miserable, am even afraid to meet people, even walking on the streets, going shopping, in buisness i am so nervous.

I tried to keep a positive attitude and not let the scars affect me but when i meet people they look at me as though i have really bad skin and it makes me depressed.

if anyone has had any acne scar treatment on here, please could you let me know your experiences, i have some money saved up and for the past 3-4 years i have been saving so i can get treatment doen to reduce the sever scars and the mild scars to completely go, i live in hope for 3-4 years now and i hope that treatment can work, im even scared to get treatment fearing that if it dont work i will have no hope left, it really is difficult, im in tears just typing about this.

i wish for everyone who has scars and acne for their acne and scars to go away.

it definately makes your scars look worse,

i had some photos taken of me long time ago in sunlight outdoors when i never realised how bad my acne actually was and i was shocked to see how bad my skin looked, up to this day i feel depressed just thinking about it. Acne scarring is a serious problem and what makes it even worse is the majority of people nowadays are shallow and i find it really hard even sitting for dinner with family every day and i hide my face whilst eating.

am 20 years old, for the past five or six years have had acne, i really miss the days when i was thirteen and lived a happy life, now its just miserable, am even afraid to meet people, even walking on the streets, going shopping, in buisness i am so nervous.

I tried to keep a positive attitude and not let the scars affect me but when i meet people they look at me as though i have really bad skin and it makes me depressed.

if anyone has had any acne scar treatment on here, please could you let me know your experiences, i have some money saved up and for the past 3-4 years i have been saving so i can get treatment doen to reduce the sever scars and the mild scars to completely go, i live in hope for 3-4 years now and i hope that treatment can work, im even scared to get treatment fearing that if it dont work i will have no hope left, it really is difficult, im in tears just typing about this.

i wish for everyone who has scars and acne for their acne and scars to go away.

I've had numerous scar treatments, but believe me, my scarring is so severe I will never have perfect skin. I have cried so many times about my skin throughout high school that I don't even feel like crying anymore. I know that no matter how much I cry, I will look like someone tried to scrape my face off. Scar treatments do help, but they only mask the problem. My scars are just something I will have to live with for the rest of my life. Mine will never go completely away. I've gotten used to the stares and the looks from people when they notice the scars. Your scarring probably isn't as bad as mine, so you have hope I'm sure.

I find car windows the worst when out in the sunlight it makes me want to die. I avoid looking nowdays.

OMG IM NOT THE ONLY ONE

for weeks i have been using excuses, like i left my ipod in the car, to have a brief chance of examining my face in the car window, some times ill walk out of my house happy,and then see the sight of myself and feel like killing myself THANKGOD IM NOT ALONE! :D

I find car windows the worst when out in the sunlight it makes me want to die. I avoid looking nowdays.

OMG IM NOT THE ONLY ONE

for weeks i have been using excuses, like i left my ipod in the car, to have a brief chance of examining my face in the car window, some times ill walk out of my house happy,and then see the sight of myself and feel like killing myself THANKGOD IM NOT ALONE! :D

oh i know the feeling there. i bought a mirror and used to go out and look at them all the time and come back inside all sad and wanting to dieeee. then i accidently broke the mirror one day and all was good, i couldnt look at myself. ive since purchased another one and im once again very sad ! im on accutane atm and know i have to wait 11-12 months from today until i can start getting treatments. this waiting time is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo long!

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey