Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hesitation

What's the condition called when you get obsessed with everything?

Is there such a psychological disorder when the person gets obsessed with whatever he does? "Normal" is not acceptable, you are either the best or nothing. The person would take everything to the extremes. I can't explain it any better.

I'm pretty sure that a disorder like that exists. Does anyone know what is is, so i can look it up?

I'm going to hop in here and warn you that there are some major dangers to self-diagnosing, especially self diagnosing via the Internet. I beg you that if you feel you truly have a disorder that is interfering with your daily life, to please get to a doctor (psychiatrist, psychologist, or even medical in a pinch) to talk about diagnosis and treatment.

If you just research online, before long you'll have yourself convinced you are a full blown paranoid schizophrenic afflicted with Munchhausen and lupus, and the stress that can cause is not only immense, but avoidable as well.

Plus, if you actually have the disorder, and fail to seek the help of a professional, you could be missing out on some potentially life saving treatment. (And isn't that the point of naming our disorders, so that we can get good treatment and get our lives back to a functioning order?)

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, I am dealing with a fairly new diagnosis and am having some very good luck with the treatments, and had it not been for a professional's help, I'd be nowhere as sane as I am right now. An official diagnosis definitely opens the door for more treatment options, and that's always a good thing.

Edited by Elsewhere