Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MackabeeNutz

( Almond Butter ) This diet things is tougher than I thought...

This journey to consistent clear skin has been a one-step- forward- two- steps back deal.

Since i decided to convert to a mostly veggies and fruit diet I realized that even having a little bit of

those toppings,just to spice things up, like dip..and almond butter on my sliced apples, can have an affect and basically undo all the results that previous good eating habits had reaped.

I'm pretty sure it was the almond butter.

I had maybe 2 big dollops, and i broke out like hell the morning after. maybe 6 of the buggers all different sizes from large to small but all red and inflamed.

Has this happened to anyone?

I've read that peanut butter has broke some people out here.

The almond butter i purchased was one of the more affordable brands. im hoping that the quality and grade of this stuff is a contributor to my problems because--this stuff tastes amaaaazing!!!

Its the Irresistable Lifesmart brand. It says no sugar added, no salt, no art. flavours..

but it itsnt organic...

Will an organic almond butter be enough to make a difference?

When i look at the ingrediants, it just says roasted almonds. is that sketchy?

This journey to consistent clear skin has been a one-step- forward- two- steps back deal.

Since i decided to convert to a mostly veggies and fruit diet I realized that even having a little bit of

those toppings,just to spice things up, like dip..and almond butter on my sliced apples, can have an affect and basically undo all the results that previous good eating habits had reaped.

I'm pretty sure it was the almond butter.

I had maybe 2 big dollops, and i broke out like hell the morning after. maybe 6 of the buggers all different sizes from large to small but all red and inflamed.

Has this happened to anyone?

I've read that peanut butter has broke some people out here.

The almond butter i purchased was one of the more affordable brands. im hoping that the quality and grade of this stuff is a contributor to my problems because--this stuff tastes amaaaazing!!!

Its the Irresistable Lifesmart brand. It says no sugar added, no salt, no art. flavours..

but it itsnt organic...

Will an organic almond butter be enough to make a difference?

When i look at the ingrediants, it just says roasted almonds. is that sketchy?

I think I broke out on my forehead pretty bad if i eat almond butter.

:( bad luck for us.

It shouldn't matter if it's organic or not in my opinion. Almond butter is just ground up almonds :)

Have you been doing this diet for a while? I have heard that once you cut foods out of your diet your body gets used to it and if you reintroduce those foods after a while your body can freak out, i.e. indigestion, acne, inflammation.

Not sure if that's what is going on, but it's worth looking into if almond butter hasn't bothered you that bad before.

Some people break out from almonds and stone fruit which almonds are related to. But it's a lot less common allergen than peanuts or true tree nuts.

I don't think that being organic or not will have much affect on your acne, but stone fruit absorb a lot of pesticides so you do usually want to only have organic. I don't know if that applies to almonds.

yeah its definitely the nuts. avoid all nuts, even if their organic. you may want to try soaking real almonds and shedding the skin off, that may help. its all because nuts contain a lot of lecithins which break you out. most of them dissolve when you soak them in water.

Whether it's organic or not does matter.

Hydrogenated oil is in majority of nut butters and that is half the reason ppl break out from peanut butter. You want to try almond butter that does not contain hydrogenated oils.

i eat raw almond butter and it's fine.

FAT + SUGAR COMBINED IN SAME MEAL = disaster... for some

could be that

i don't eat fat with sugar at all - excess fructose has nowhere to go cos of fat so candida goes apeshit