Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zeru

Zeru's mostly-ProActiv log!

Hi there, I'm Zeru. :3

I'm currently trying the ProActiv Solution products--mostly the base three, although I occasionally use the mask (aiming for twice a week on that).

I use the body wash in my morning shower on my face and body, and then use the cleanser and BP third step on my face. In the evenings, I use the three base steps and sometimes the mask. I did have the moisturizer and I liked it, but it appears to have gone off on a solo adventure since my last trip. :whistle:

I've been regularly using it for a few days now and I'm still noticing small bumps forming on my nose. I'm trying to slather with BP for the third step, haha.

I hear that in four-six weeks, I should be seeing pretty legit results. I'll keep logging and trying to create a parallel between the teenacne.org explanations of ProActiv.

(I am looking at trying to get re-prescribed Differin or trying another product as one of my main issues right now is redness/VERY minor scarring. I will note if I start using one of those products and how).

I'm in California right now...I've been using PA pretty regularly, bu a huge, nasty zit has developed on my cheek, where I'm not normally affected. :( So far, it's not doing too much for me, but I'm trying to be patient. AcneTeen says:

" Week 1 - Your acne will worsen this week. Your skin will usually become dry, irritated, red, and itchy. Don't be alarmed. In order for Proactiv to work, it must first bring all of your acne to the surface of your skin. As for the side effects, it will take your skin some time to get used to the new treatment so they're completely normal.

Week 2 - Your acne may or may not have slightly improved. Most users are stuck still with their week 1 type of skin along with the side effects. Although this is true, light may start to shine in week 3. "

so I guess this is normal, bleh

I'V TRIED PA.......AND WHEN I FIRST STARTED USING IT I HAD BREAKOUTS TOO! BUT...I THINK YOUR SKIN NEED TO ADJUST TO IT! MINE DID FOR A WHILE...I STARTED SEEING CHANGES IN ABOUT THE 2WEEK. MY SKIN WAS LOOK BETTER FOR 3MONTHS OF PA.............BUT, I STARTED BREAKING OUT AGAIN! :wacko: ANYHOW, IF THIS HAPPEN TOO YOU, "DON'T" USE IT ANYMORE. NOW I'M STARTING TO USE "MAX CLARITY" AND MY SKIN HAVE TO GET USE TO IT :wacko:. I HOPE THAT PA WORKS OUT FOR YOU! :angel:

Thanks for the feedback, Catwoman. It's kind of disappointing to hear when other people haven't been so successful with it, ugh...

Fortunately, I really haven't had any new acne developing and it seems to have cleared up slightly or faded in some places. I still have the huge whitehead on my cheek. :wall: I'm thinking that the cause of the breakouts may have been using the body wash (recommended in place of the first step for the morning); I haven't had similar issues using the normal first step.

I've been kinda irregular with the regimen for the last few days because I've been traveling, but as of tomorrow, I'm using ProActiv twice a day and Differin once in the middle. This is probs going to be hell on my skin, which has been flaking out and drying. Fortunately, the first step is pretty good at sloughing off dead skin with the exfoliating beads, but the tightness and such has been meuh. >_> I really wish I could find the moisturizer; I used an oily Aveeno brand when I was traveling because I was so miserable. It doesn't seem to have done much bad, but it was so gross. ewww.

And now I'm a little sunburnt. Fortunately, it's not really on my face, but my chest got quite a bit, so I'm leaving it alone for now.

MY FACE IS BURNIIIIIING.

no idea why--maybe because I worked out today--but the BP is stinging like hell.

In other words, although ProActiv isn't doing much for my acne (yet?), it has given me a very inexplicably shiny forehead. I woke up this morning and it was like "HELLO FOREHEAD, YOU LOOK RADIANT TODAY."

flaking and peeling like crazy.

OIL FREE MOISTURIZER OIL FREE MOISTURIZER MY KINGDOM FOR SOME OIL FREE MOISTURIZER.

this had better improve with time, I swear...

oh god I just put on my second dosage for today

If I didn't think it would upset site staff, I would just make this a long string of profanities.

Hurts so bad. the burning and the stinging....I literally laid on the floor of my bathroom in the fetal position for a minute.

If this hasn't been effective in a month I sweartagod...

And I'm taking a break from Differin because the last thing my skin needs is ANOTHER product.

I hate myself right now.

I stopped PA for about a day--real life stuff going on--and now I'm so much broken out again. One freaking day. I feel like a slave.

Proactiv is a good product for people with light or mild acne; however I really think benzyol peroxide is too drying for many people and only causes more break outs.

What kind of acne do you have?

Definitely a good idea to stop the Differin because combined with Proactiv your literally making your face a desert which is just inviting more break outs.

What's your diet like? Do you eat a lot of grains? Sugar? Soda? Do you work out? Do you take vitamins?

PANIC

Proactive + lush moisturizers are the only products that have cleared my skin of acne. I use to suffer from SEVERE acne and tried everything including acne. org regime (didn't work). Try proactive and a GOOD moisturizer. If you're skin is dry when using proactive, you're not using the right moisturizer.