Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.JacktheLad.

full fat milllkkk

sorry got carried away,

thats right, I am starting a bulking diet plan to put on more muscle and size (i am 6ft and weigh 10 stone... pitiful)

anyway my nutritionist is saying i need to take a protein shake with milk before bed.

so the real acid test after a year of no milk will finally see if i dont agree with it or if it was all in my head.

I bought Gold standard whey isolate. but i think its naff. gives me some nasty stomach wind lol

going to resort back to my Reflex natural instant whey, much much better.

plus its not mixed with artificial colours and flavours...

why did i even buy gold standard. grrr

so if you absolutly need to drink milk say 250ml a night, is it best to go for organic full fat or what?

Edited by want2beme

I strongly advise just using good whole foods.

Fix your diet first, you can easily gain muscle through the change of a diet. ( Increase calorie/protein/carb intake) Shakes are then employed if you are finding it hard to gain weight.

Youre referring to protein farts as well lol. They can strip bark from a tree.

The use of solid foods is MUCH greater than protein shakes. A weight gainer shake is basically equivalent to a chicken breast and some rice. However eating the chicken breast and rice will be better for you.

Dont get me wong theres nothing wrong with whey or other types, but its just as achievable through a diet change.

When i started working out (major bulking i was 9stone9 at 5ft10 i think) now im 14.5 stone at 6'4. Most of that was through just eating more solid pure food. ( For instance i had 3 dinners, pre dinner actual dinner then post dinner lol)

I reached a plateau last year and bought some brown rice protein to have before bed which seems to do the trick.

Whats your current diet like? Its extremely easy to gain mass just eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat. Get your calories up, protein up and carbs up. Through a change in diet i was putting on 2 pounds a week on average.

That worked very well for me. Any more than that is questionable weight gain and any less is fine too :)

With regards to the milk, i would use water. The shake itself has a good amount of protein and calories in. The milk is just there to bump up the values.

I have more trouble keeping my protein intake reasonable so I don't understand why anyone would need any powders or milk.

You don't actually need crazy amounts of protein to build muscle and excess is just wasted anyway.

Its extremely easy to gain mass just eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat. Get your calories up, protein up and carbs up. Through a change in diet i was putting on 2 pounds a week on average.

Not for everyone. At least for a hardgainer like me it's a lot of work to gain any significant weight. And doing that and keeping acne under control would be almost impossible.

Im a hard gainer...

Tbh theres no such thing as a hard gainer in terms of building muscle. Yes some people find it hard to gain mass (myself included) but you need to eat more to compensate for it.

Protein+calories+carbs= more mass

Thats all you need. If you arent gaining mass, then pile more food in.

Its either this or you arent working out correctly

Cosign, MJ. Eat big & lift big.

Whole foods are much better but use the Whey Isolate RIGHT after lifting. Dont use those weight gainers, theyre trash.

Edited by DeAntonio

yeah protein farts lol didnt get them with reflex stuff! so must be bad!

thanks guys! lots to take in.

well my diet sucks although recently i have started to eat more and not wrry about spots so thats good.

I also have a trainer writing me a diet program and tomorrow i am working out with him supervising, writing me a work out plan.

he says,

protein shake and banana apon waking

breakfast hour later have 4 pouched eggs 200g of baked beans

then lunch chicken breast brown rice 400g and broccoli

then later fruit etc, then pre wrk out shake

then post work out shake

dinner similar to lunch

then before bed protein shake

anyone better this? or recommend something else? he wants me to start on that diet and see how i go

ps i just had a bowl of cereal with full fat milk! wowsers

Edited by want2beme

well my diet sucks although recently i have started to eat more and not wrry about spots so thats good.

I also have a trainer writing me a diet program and tomorrow i am working out with him supervising, writing me a work out plan.

he says,

then post work out shake

dinner similar to lunch

anyone better this? or recommend something else? he wants me to start on that diet and see how i go

Sounds pretty good, however in my opinion i would get rid of the morning and pre workout shake. In the morning i go for a big bowl of oatmeal with poppy seeds and some fruit. I recommend having the post workout shake and before bed shake to begin with. Im surprised youve been told to take 4 shakes a day. Who is this guy? lol If hes one of those trainers who doesnt work out himself and is pretty weedy i would be cautious of what he says. Im not hating on gym instructors, its just ive met a few in my time and some arent fully up to scratch on their knowledge.

Anyone can get a fitness degree even if you dont like sports lol If they dont work out then its difficult for them to really gauge what the exercises feel and do. Yes they may know the names from the textbooks but they havent had hands on experience.

Most gym goers probably know more than many fitness trainers in certain areas. Youd be surprised how much you learn!

Bananas have a habit of breaking me out, so watch out for that effect on you! Its funny since ive just stopped caring about what breaks me out, my face is much better (although i eat rediculously healthy)

Ill list the diet i use now. You dont need to use it; i stress again i have no actual qualifications just a fair bit of experience.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and poppy seeds (8am-ish)

Before gym (i go early lol) light healthy snack. E.g; some nuts, pretzels, raw veg etc

After gym: Treat this as a main meal. Go crazy! For example, chicken, mixed peppers, salad and new potatoes ( thats one of my favs after gym)

Pre dinner: Some more fruit, tuna sandwhich with humous and salad.

Dinner: A good hearty meal

Post dinner: Steak/chicken, vegetables rice etc etc...

Before bed: Some brown rice protein mixed with rice/almond/soya milk

Whats nice about bulking is you can eat like a freakin bear! Just go crazy. Go down the shops and buy loads of healthy stuff. ( veg,meat etc) then come back and just think of ways to combine them.

Eggs are good, people may say that eating a lot of eggs is bad for you. They are not! lol Also eat the whole egg, dont seperate the yolk from the white like most guys do.

To begin with, you may find this level of eating difficult as you may not be used to it. Youll probably get to the pre dinner and be full out of your mind. Take it slowly first. Start of with a smallish portion and work your way up. Youll adapt to it fast and will want to eat eat eat!

"Chicken breast, brown rice 400g and broccoli," is an excellent suggestion for a meal, as well as the fruit afterwards :)

Any more questions feel free to ask :)

Edited by MJ.23

he says,

then post work out shake

dinner similar to lunch

Sounds pretty good, however in my opinion i would get rid of the morning and pre workout shake. In the morning i go for a big bowl of oatmeal with poppy seeds and some fruit. I recommend having the post workout shake and before bed shake to begin with. Im surprised youve been told to take 4 shakes a day. Who is this guy? lol If hes one of those trainers who doesnt work out himself and is pretty weedy i would be cautious of what he says. Im not hating on gym instructors, its just ive met a few in my time and some arent fully up to scratch on their knowledge.

Anyone can get a fitness degree even if you dont like sports lol If they dont work out then its difficult for them to really gauge what the exercises feel and do. Yes they may know the names from the textbooks but they havent had hands on experience.

Most gym goers probably know more than many fitness trainers in certain areas. Youd be surprised how much you learn!

Bananas have a habit of breaking me out, so watch out for that effect on you! Its funny since ive just stopped caring about what breaks me out, my face is much better (although i eat rediculously healthy)

Ill list the diet i use now. You dont need to use it; i stress again i have no actual qualifications just a fair bit of experience.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and poppy seeds (8am-ish)

Before gym (i go early lol) light healthy snack. E.g; some nuts, pretzels, raw veg etc

After gym: Treat this as a main meal. Go crazy! For example, chicken, mixed peppers, salad and new potatoes ( thats one of my favs after gym)

Pre dinner: Some more fruit, tuna sandwhich with humous and salad.

Dinner: A good hearty meal

Post dinner: Steak/chicken, vegetables rice etc etc...

Before bed: Some brown rice protein mixed with rice/almond/soya milk

Whats nice about bulking is you can eat like a freakin bear! Just go crazy. Go down the shops and buy loads of healthy stuff. ( veg,meat etc) then come back and just think of ways to combine them.

Eggs are good, people may say that eating a lot of eggs is bad for you. They are not! lol Also eat the whole egg, dont seperate the yolk from the white like most guys do.

To begin with, you may find this level of eating difficult as you may not be used to it. Youll probably get to the pre dinner and be full out of your mind. Take it slowly first. Start of with a smallish portion and work your way up. Youll adapt to it fast and will want to eat eat eat!

"Chicken breast, brown rice 400g and broccoli," is an excellent suggestion for a meal, as well as the fruit afterwards :)

Any more questions feel free to ask :)

thanks for that reply, yeah 4 shakes quite a lot lol going to see him tonight where he can help me work out properly. He works in a very expensive gym that i know as a personal fitness advisor and dietition, he is private and costs £45 for work outs and £30 for diet plans, but because he knows my auntie, its all in for a one off of £40 :P.

he is quite big tbh!

yeah banana's i think they break me out to. cause ive had a couple crop up. cant believe i had my full fat milk last night. i forgot how good it tastes with nesquik cereal :P

yeah i will find all the food intake a lot to take on, but tbh i think i can handle it. ive been eaassing into it this week and once my good protein comes (one that wont tear holes in my boxers) i will get cracking

so exciting! cant wait to grow! lol

your right stressing over food or eating something then feeling like maybe you shouldnt have is worse than just eating it and shut up!

Edited by want2beme