Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im 19 years old and I had acne since I was around 13. Ive literally tried everything I can think of to get rid of my acne and reduce the scars but NOTHING works for me. I diet right, I eat tons of friuts and veggies, I drink loads and loads of water. I got a microderm, but that didnt help at all. I exercise alot. I started eating flax seeds, I heard that helps. I use honey and tea tree oil as a mask for 10 minutes and I put lemon juice on after that. I use BP medication face wash in the morning. I take Omega 3 fish oil pill and Multi-Vit. every day. Ive used proactive for about a year, It stopped working after the first few months but I was hoping it would work again but never did. Ive been to a dermatologist (bad spelling) for about 5 months and didnt help at all.

PLEEASE any feedback would help. Thanks alot

Have you tried Dan's regime ? http://www.acne.org/regimen.html Follow it precisely and you should get clear, it has some similarities to Proactiv but differs in several important aspects.

The masks, lemon juice and microdermabrasion you are using a likely to be irritating your skin and causing outbeaks. I would ditch them all and just do Dan's regime.

As for diet, there is still a lack of conclusive scientifc evidence that acne and diet are linked (or indeed not linked) Some people do find certain foods break them out but trying to control acne successfully through diet can be very difficult.

Im 19 years old and I had acne since I was around 13. Ive literally tried everything I can think of to get rid of my acne and reduce the scars but NOTHING works for me. I diet right, I eat tons of friuts and veggies, I drink loads and loads of water. I got a microderm, but that didnt help at all. I exercise alot. I started eating flax seeds, I heard that helps. I use honey and tea tree oil as a mask for 10 minutes and I put lemon juice on after that. I use BP medication face wash in the morning. I take Omega 3 fish oil pill and Multi-Vit. every day. Ive used proactive for about a year, It stopped working after the first few months but I was hoping it would work again but never did. Ive been to a dermatologist (bad spelling) for about 5 months and didnt help at all.

PLEEASE any feedback would help. Thanks alot

ACNE doesn't just come out in one day. It is always build up from a long time. In order to remove them, it takes a lot of time and patient. You need to constantly use the product as told like 2 times a day. Read This website steps bye step and watch all of Dan's youtube video. You can get a lot of tips. Don't stop when your skin is clear. ACNE can start build up again. You can only slow down little by little until your body is strong enough to fight against ACNE.

As for the honey mask, 10 min is too short to make it works. Best to apply 30 min and more. I myself find very effective leaving it on more than an hour for everyday. You can do 2 times a day or 1 times at night. I usually leave it on as long as I can sometimes up to 4 hours. I don't think you are ready for lemon juice yet because you still have many ACNE. Wait till your skin is much improved because lemon is for scar. I would suggest you add cinnamon instead. Best to get Manuka honey at any organic store with high Actice or UMF, the higher the better but more expensiave. Always use fresh lemon. You can use one lemon for like up to 3 days and the leftover can make Honey Lemon drink.

As for face wash, get a gently type that look like water because your face is likely a sensitive skin. And a very gently moisturizer like Dan's moisturizer because you don't want to clog up the pore and make it worst. Like Dan, I highly suggest u add 1 to 2 drops of Jojoba oil but not as much as Dan recommended, like 6+ drop because it is too oily.

You can apply BZ or any other type of ACNE spot treatment if you like. I too recommend Dan's BZ.

As for eating, I highly recommend starting off with a cereal with milk or a oatmeal. A lot of ACNE prone is missing those grain. Fresh Vegetable and Fruit are high recommend to eat. Try to drink as much Chlorophyll, honey, Vitamin C juice, and green tea to detox your inner body. Water itself only do little to detox.

If you have money, you can buy some Vitamin A, Omega 3 fish oil and Zinc Medicine pill. Remember not to over take. I don't know what the limit is. You need to research on yourself.

Edited by alvinl

ACNE doesn't just come out in one day. It is always build up from a long time. In order to remove them, it takes a lot of time and patient. You need to constantly use the product as told like 2 times a day. Read This website steps bye step and watch all of Dan's youtube video. You can get a lot of tips. Don't stop when your skin is clear. ACNE can start build up again. You can only slow down little by little until your body is strong enough to fight against ACNE.

As for the honey mask, 10 min is too short to make it works. Best to apply 30 min and more. I myself find very effective leaving it on more than an hour for everyday. You can do 2 times a day or 1 times at night. I usually leave it on as long as I can sometimes up to 4 hours. I don't think you are ready for lemon juice yet because you still have many ACNE. Wait till your skin is much improved because lemon is for scar. I would suggest you add cinnamon instead. Best to get Manuka honey at any organic store with high Actice or UMF, the higher the better but more expensiave. Always use fresh lemon. You can use one lemon for like up to 3 days and the leftover can make Honey Lemon drink.

As for face wash, get a gently type that look like water because your face is likely a sensitive skin. And a very gently moisturizer like Dan's moisturizer because you don't want to clog up the pore and make it worst. Like Dan, I highly suggest u add 1 to 2 drops of Jojoba oil but not as much as Dan recommended, like 6+ drop because it is too oily.

You can apply BZ or any other type of ACNE spot treatment if you like. I too recommend Dan's BZ.

As for eating, I highly recommend starting off with a cereal with milk or a oatmeal. A lot of ACNE prone is missing those grain. Fresh Vegetable and Fruit are high recommend to eat. Try to drink as much Chlorophyll, honey, Vitamin C juice, and green tea to detox your inner body. Water itself only do little to detox.

If you have money, you can buy some Vitamin A, Omega 3 fish oil and Zinc Medicine pill. Remember not to over take. I don't know what the limit is. You need to research on yourself.

Try Karin herzog's oxygen face and vita akombi 3. these two products really work with hardly any side effects

First of all use one regimen for a month. Get rid of all those masks and extra steps you are using. stop taking multi vitamins because they may be linked to causing your acne. look it up. Plus what kind of water are you drinking, tap water? This is also known to cause acne. If you are drinking tons of tap water you are drinking toxins basically

Sounds good. I will look into Dans info like someone else suggested as well. And I will try alot of Oange Juice as well for the detox. Only thing i know w/ Vit. C in it. And what cinammon should I use instead of lemmon? Thanks for all the advice.

First of all use one regimen for a month. Get rid of all those masks and extra steps you are using. stop taking multi vitamins because they may be linked to causing your acne. look it up. Plus what kind of water are you drinking, tap water? This is also known to cause acne. If you are drinking tons of tap water you are drinking toxins basically

I dont think its the multi-vitamins because I had worse acne before I started taking them. But I will stop for a whiile to see what happens. And no I only drink bottled water.

I think all cinnamon will work. Best to get organic cinnamon. Since Honey is high in sugar to kill bacteria, adding cinnamon just make honey stronger.

Lemon is for pore shrinking and scar lightening.

I used to have terrible acne, so i went to beautician spent almost 1,000 USD but only get little result. I spend many times reading post after post then find out honey is very good against acne. I did a lot of research and finally decided to do home honey for like 2 days. I was amazed with the result. So, I got a better Honey called Manuka, a tea tree plant from New Zealand. My skin was way better after 1 week. I am starting to use least acne cream and even moisturizer because honey can kill all bacteria and moisturize at the same time. I only apply acne and moisturizer only when I really don't have time. The next visit to beautician, she was amazed with the result and was shocked. She asked what I did and we end up discussing honey. And she also asked my recipe.. lol..

I just saw a technique called Oil Pulling which is also work on acne. I just started today. I have read many positive result doing google. It also do a lot of benefit such as cleanse the mouth, whitening teeth, cure teeth and gum problem, bad breath. If you continue you can get even more benefit, such as heal joint ache, kidney problem, soft and smooth skin. There should be more. You are only require organic sesame, sunflower, or coconut oil and sea salt. Which cost like $20 usd for them. If you want to do it, you can look up the steps.

Edited by alvinl

POOPEDALEX,

I have mild-moderate acne and have the same struggle as you. I am 20 years old, and have dealt with acne since my early teen years. I have done laser light therapy (which does work -- it take 4-6 months after your 5 treatments to see results -- I am currently in my 3rd month waiting) but I have done the treatment before, two years ago... it kept my clear for over a year (awesome!)....

Right now I am dealing with some moderate acne, a couple on my checks and chin. Something I tried for the first time last night, an aspirin mask -- amazing how my skin looked and felt afterward. I have read about aspirin masks before but never gave it a try until last night. I don't ever exfoilate my skin because I am so sensitive but this worked. I used a little lemon juice afterwards too... BLISS.

Try this tonight. I wouldn't recommoned the honey mask because when I eat a lot of sugar I break out, so I would not put any on my face either despite whether its natural or not... I still break out from natural products! I heard using oatmeal is a good exfoliate too (get them damp and rub on) never tried it though.

xo

why do i feel like you're harming and irritating your skin by doing all these masks and treatments (lemon juice) ? honestly, it's been proven that proactiv does tend to stop working after a certain extend, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because that means that something in the product is obviously working for you.

proactiv has b.p., a small amount (2.5%) so that should help you. maybe trying some more products that contain b.p. similar to proactiv. if you find out if anything else works for you, stick to it ! you can always try aha, bha, natural products (willow bark, tea tree oil, honey, etc.), b.p., and whatever else is in the market.

you just need to keep in mind what your skin is reacting too. and concerning your scars, scar treatments & serums, are expensive ! but i have a tan complexion, therefore i have hyper-pigmentation (scars) and my doctor prescribed tazorac (gel [or cream if you prefer]) for my scars, and it works, just takes long.

i hope you read my s t o r y. lol. and get something out of it. if not sorry, i couldn't help =/

Lemon juice can burn the skin because it is high in acid. It is the same apply BP which also dry out the skin. The point in doing with honey mask to replace BP and moisturizer is because honey can do both of those. The Advantage is honey is stronger on the acne but do very little harm to your face. Even a good moisturizer can still hurt the skin. That is why honey need to put on the skin for a long time to make sure it kills all the bacteria inside the pore, hydrate the skin, and heal the scar. If do long enough, BP and moisturizer doesn't need to apply.

As for mixing with lemon juice. I didn't recommend to start with lemon juice because it is high in acid. So cinnamon is better. It is better to use lemon on a healthier skin. I only put in like 3-4 drop of lemon to keep it low but is able to help the honey to recover the scar. Actually it does very damage to skin when it is mixed with honey because honey is so hydrating that even use with lemon, the skin wont even feel dry at all. I only apply honey on my acne prone skin most of the time. I do like to do my whole face once a week.

However, honey mask must be use lesser as the skin improve just like the BP. I start off doing 2 times a day. After one week of so much improving, I drop down to just 1 time a day only at night. After two week, I am doing every other night. May be the end of 1 month I can do 1 time a week and later drop down to 1 a month. I still leave honey on acne spot overnight. Since the 1st week of honey mask, I have not get any acne for two weeks. Hope my skin continue to be this good.

My skin is so much balance now. I love my skin so much. :) I used to have a very red nose and chin. I hate to look at my own photo. After a week, I only see a little of red. Hardly can tell in the photo.

Edited by alvinl