Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimhouse

0.8mm Derma Stamp

Just wondering if the needles are long enough to reach the scar tissue or if I am just wasting my time and money. For the record I have all different types of scarring.

I was hoping I could buy a 1mm+ stamp but I'm wasnt so sure they sell them to the general public.

Do you know where he bough it from?

iknow u can buy them on ebay, but i dont know what the quality would be like

i ordered mine (dermastamp)from novaclinic (not sure if we r allowed to say websites or not?)

and i liked the LOOK of the quality of it, and what i read about it, and what others had said about it, after using it

iknow u can buy them on ebay, but i dont know what the quality would be like

i ordered mine (dermastamp)from novaclinic (not sure if we r allowed to say websites or not?)

and i liked the LOOK of the quality of it, and what i read about it, and what others had said about it, after using it

I don't trust ebay for things like this. I looked at the site and like what I see.

It says the needle length doesn't need to be as long because it works differently to a dermaroller.

Some positive signs!

read my post about my first visit to a beautician/cosmetician. she spoke alot to me about needle length, and she does needling on clients everyday

Very good that's pretty much what I want to hear. Will be interesting to see how one of my deepest scars recovers from my 2nd roll. I was initially worried my deeper scars would be to deep for the .8mm but I think doing a combination involving individual needling will sort out this problem.

You guys realize that Nova clinic sells on ebay, in fact that's how I found them.

So you don't trust ebay for something like this, but you bought from an ebay seller (just not through their ebay front) ?

:)

EDIT: Almost forgot, I was going to say 0.8mm might be too small to get any real results. I'd try 1.0mm on the forehead and maybe temple area. For other parts I'd try the 1.5mm ones.

Edited by tj101

Yeah, many of the regular websites also sell on ebay.

I like shopping on ebay because many times I can get much lower prices on auction listings than on their regular websites, though a few times it can be the opposite, so shop around a little.

For instance, the exact items sold by Nova clinic can be bought cheaper elsewhere.

You guys realize that Nova clinic sells on ebay, in fact that's how I found them.

So you don't trust ebay for something like this, but you bought from an ebay seller (just not through their ebay front) ?

:)

EDIT: Almost forgot, I was going to say 0.8mm might be too small to get any real results. I'd try 1.0mm on the forehead and maybe temple area. For other parts I'd try the 1.5mm ones.

Of course if the item is FDA approved then I would buy it off ebay :)

To bad it only comes in a length of 0.8mm though...

"The skin stamp’s needles are 0.8mm in length - this is the only skin stamp needle length available for home use and is very successful in treating all types of scars, burns etc."

So you think the needles won't be long enough to treat scars? Not even my shallow rolling ones? I would be interested in finding a 1-1.5mm one that would be safe to use because I do have some icepick/box scars to.

OK, now that you mention the FDA, let me clarify this because it really bothers me I've seen this many times.

I haven't checked with the FDA in a couple of months, but I don't think anything has changed.

The FDA has not particularly approved any of these needling devices.

Needling itself for the treatment of scars is approved, but that's something different. It does not mean a particular device is approved.

I get pissed off when I see some seller claiming the rollers they carry are FDA approved. The FDA forbids using the logo and claiming endorsement for a product when there's none.

So yeah, they say 0.8mm is the only available for home use. Who knows, you try that and let us know how it turns out. It might work for very shallow scarring.

I've used a 1.5mm stamp 3 times and I'm happy with that, but I want to try the 2.0mm.

OK, now that you mention the FDA, let me clarify this because it really bothers me I've seen this many times.

I haven't checked with the FDA in a couple of months, but I don't think anything has changed.

The FDA has not particularly approved any of these needling devices.

Needling itself for the treatment of scars is approved, but that's something different. It does not mean a particular device is approved.

I get pissed off when I see some seller claiming the rollers they carry are FDA approved. The FDA forbids using the logo and claiming endorsement for a product when there's none.

So yeah, they say 0.8mm is the only available for home use. Who knows, you try that and let us know how it turns out. It might work for very shallow scarring.

I've used a 1.5mm stamp 3 times and I'm happy with that, but I want to try the 2.0mm.

That's very decieving of companies to do that and it shouldn't be allowed.

Ahh I have deeper scarring aswell so I will probably need the 1.5 mm, can I ask where you bought your stamp from? Perhaps a pm with the details. It would be nice if you could explain what scars you've treated and how they have responded. Cheers.

tj101

scoobi here said that his scars responded very well to 1.0mm and i have read on EDS also of other people's wrinkles AND scars responding to it.

Well, you can never know if you don't try, 1.0mm might work for some, but from most of the posts I've read it seems to get significant results you need to use 1.5mm.

If the 0.8mm/1.0mm ones work for someone that's great. :)

jimhouse, I purchased the 1.5mm stamp on the first listing http://www.google.com/products?q=derma+nee...+1.5mm&aq=f

I'm waiting for the 2.0mm one to be back in stock so I can buy that.

I've got all kind of scars rolling, boxcar, and ice pick. Most of them on my cheekbone and temple area, and a few but deep and big on my forehead.

Rolling and boxcar type respond the best on the cheekbone and temple area. Ice pick type don't respond very well.

The ones I have on my forehead(boxcar) have not responded too well either. But I should mention skin on the forehead is more sensitive so needling there does hurt quite a bit and that's one reason why I haven't been able to do good needling on the forehead.

Edited by tj101

tj101,

perhaps you have already answered this...........

was wondering if you could give a rundown of what

you've done. have u both rolled and used the stamp???

do u find the stamp superior???? what are u finding that's

working for u???

the faster I get rid of my scars the better!!!!

thanks for sharing

scoob

Thanks TJ I will be sure to check it out. I think I might need a 1.5mm Stamp if I'm any chance of conquering my scars though. Wasn't sure I could trust a stamp from ebay but you say you have used it with no further scarring?

Well, if you don't trust buying on ebay, buy directly from the seller's regular website, like Honey Girl did. (which really makes no difference since it's the same seller and many times you might get cheaper at an auction) :)

Now, as to whether I've gotten additional scars from needling. No. But as I posted previously, I had larger scars, which after needling became smaller individual scars. Don't know if you want to call that getting more scars.

Well, if you don't trust buying on ebay, buy directly from the seller's regular website, like Honey Girl did. (which really makes no difference since it's the same seller and many times you might get cheaper at an auction) :)

Now, as to whether I've gotten additional scars from needling. No. But as I posted previously, I had larger scars, which after needling became smaller individual scars. Don't know if you want to call that getting more scars.

Ah I see so do you buy from the JGlobalSales.com website? They're selling the 1.5mm stamp for $19.22 that is rediculously cheap compare to the nova clinic one hence I was not sure of the quality of it. But you say you have used it 3 times with only good results?

Nah I would call that improvement of scars which is a good sign, in some lighting some of my scars look to be doing the same but it is hard to tell. Will hopefully purchase LED's soon.

I did stemp for several weeks and I can see a stamp mark on my forehead.... I hate em... anybody experience this? WIll this go away?

I did stemp for several weeks and I can see a stamp mark on my forehead.... I hate em... anybody experience this? WIll this go away?

How often did you stamp? Do you use leds and what topicals do you use? You shouldnt stamp more often then 7-8 weeks in my opinion I believe it is harsher then the roller.

hiclub2

i think u r stamping waaaay too much, you are not giving your skin a chance to heal and re collagen itself.

r u using topicals?

i would start rolling once 4-6 weeks

Ah I see so do you buy from the JGlobalSales.com website? They're selling the 1.5mm stamp for $19.22 that is rediculously cheap compare to the nova clinic one hence I was not sure of the quality of it. But you say you have used it 3 times with only good results?

Nah I would call that improvement of scars which is a good sign, in some lighting some of my scars look to be doing the same but it is hard to tell. Will hopefully purchase LED's soon.

Sorry I missed your message earlier.

Yes, I bought from there as well as from other sites and on ebay. I paid more than that. I'll be buying more since it seems other lengths are now available.

You should see some results after doing three treatments of good needling. Remember you should wait a month between treatments when using long needles.

Edit: if you decide to buy from there, use the google link as it appears you only get the low price using the google link. I went directly to the site and it had higher price, but using the google link you do get lower price.

Edited by tj101