Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Honey Girl

Hey There Scars4Life

I have read quite a few of your posts, Scars4Life, and was curious

to know if you had ever tried dermarolling?

and if so, what results you got from such?

Thanks,

Honey

Not 100% sure, but I think s/he is one of the one very few persons I've seen posting against dermarolling.

I think he/she mentioned no results, waste of time.

But if you look at all his/her posts, you'll see they're negative and pessimistic about almost all treatments.

Edited by tj101

Lol a post dedicated to me. Well the only reason i spoke against it, is cause i actually used it and yes It got worse, though some portions might have pumpleped up, but you know its never easy to tell. Now I never said needling doesn't work, I just said the dermaroller was like the worst version of it. Reason being that you are not only needling the scar area but also healthy tissue, which with enough times or a bad dermaroller or anything will fuck up the healthy tissue, specially when the needle gets caught up inside the skin and pulls a tiny chunk out while rolling, thats never fun. So which is why I said if you really feel like trying it, make sure you issolate the needling only to the scar, to avoid any problems, I think the stamp is a decent alternative or just get tiny needles and stick them in there lol, but you better be real careful if you do that, push in too deep... that won't be fun.

Edited by Scars4Life

hi Scars4Life

I think your posts are really interesting!

I decided against the dermaroller, for THAT exact reason.

Methinks that stamping is safer, no chance of taking a chunk out of your skin.

how did your skin get 'worse' from the dermaroller? did the needles bend????

I am going to start off with a 0.8mm dermasstamp and see how that respoinds. I am only going to use it on my forehead (where most ofthe scarring is) and see how my skin responds.

P.S. did you take vit supps before rolling and did u use topicals (vit c cream) pre and post rolling????

Best Wishes,

Honey

PPS - have u tried needling and did it improve it for you?

the beautician/cosmetician I saw, recommended against me using a 1.5mm dermaroller on my face. she ssaid the scarring was minor and shallow, and to go SLOW with it first.

she does needling and rolling on clients, and said she would not needle my skin as its not bad enough.

i think starting off slow and gentle is much wiser option.

No lol, after that dermaroller experience, needles just scare the shit out of me. I am not playing around with anything anymore, just waiting for something that works, if it ever comes..

:boohoo:

ah comments like these have contributed to what i call my deep dark depression, where i cry myself to sleep, avoid seeing anyone and genuinely think about how horrible life is.

it pays to have goals and i recommend you research more of the treatments out there. you cant wait for the new things to come out. what about the people in the 70s or 80s that did that. theyd be old now and still no closer to a cure.

scars4life, from what i understand you have rolling scars...why dont you look into subcision followed by fraxel repair...the results have been very positive

i have ice pick scarring or small boxcar scars, so im going to look into punch excision, punch elevation or tca cross followed by a fraxel repair.

:boohoo:

ah comments like these have contributed to what i call my deep dark depression, where i cry myself to sleep, avoid seeing anyone and genuinely think about how horrible life is.

it pays to have goals and i recommend you research more of the treatments out there. you cant wait for the new things to come out. what about the people in the 70s or 80s that did that. theyd be old now and still no closer to a cure.

scars4life, from what i understand you have rolling scars...why dont you look into subcision followed by fraxel repair...the results have been very positive

i have ice pick scarring or small boxcar scars, so im going to look into punch excision, punch elevation or tca cross followed by a fraxel repair.

Do you recommend to me to investigate more?

LOL

Have you seen all the post that I have in this forum on the basis of scientific reports?

Since you know, if I investigate or not?

Edited by eterna_maldicion