Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mhbo

PIXEL Laser Treatment - My Experience

Let me preface this entry by stating that I'm 24, have had minor to moderate acne since 17 and have mild to moderate scarring in parts of my face (cheek bones, side neck). I've taken and done just about everything possible to get rid of my acne and now treat my scars. In high school before I knew anything I did the whole rip off proactive thing, then tried murad, finally found this site and then got the regiment which ive been on ever since. its more or less done well for my skin, though i wouldnt say its completely done the job - its still the best I've come across. I could go on and on about which products and remedies I've tried, but it's not worth the time. If you're curious, just ask if I've done XYZ and I'll let you know. Basically as far as scar treatments go I've been trying to the many PureDeming intense gels and peels (lactic and salicylic) and some other peels made by different companies. I also started getting microdermabrasions, but they havent really done much. Basically I decided I was fed up with having scarred skin and I decided to splurge on the PIXEL treatment.

I did a lot of looking around before and I'm very appreciative of the few people who decided to share their experience so I figure I would join the club and hopefully offer someone else some insight. Here's my experience so far, I hope this helps.

Got it done this past weekend, and it seriously was quite painful. Ive done a lot of things to my skin, ie. harsh peels etc., but this was the worst. You can't see anything, but you can actually smell your skin burning. It's an interesting sensation. Immediately after my face was a bright red, they gave me the care instructions and I was on my way. I was very concerned at that point because there was no way I had expected to look like that. You could also see the little treads on your face. About 3 hours after the redness began to subside though, and I was able to go out and buy ointment (a refill). Washed with cool water that evening and just relaxed.

Day 2- The next day after treatment the redness was pretty much gone and aside from a few spots that were a little blotchy I looked passable. I wasn't going to go out on the town, but I was able to go out and do my daily business.

Day 3 - started to breakout. I'm not sure if it was related to the pixel or if it was caused by something else. needless to say Im breaking out in areas I've never broken out before so I think it must be related to the pixel. Im not sure if it's an allergic reaction, a type of cleansing process or what but I hope it gets out of my system soon. At this point my skin looks normal (minus the breakout), all the little pixel tread marks are gone. I'm kind of at an awkward point because I'm moisturizing most of my face but still using BP on my breakout areas. (It's almost become instinct now to use the stuff) I hope this doesn't affect my results. Ultimately though I'm starting to see some improvement in the non breakout areas and Ive read it will only get better with time. I bought a package so I still have several more sessions left. So far Im happy with the purchase and I think it will actually make a difference.

From here on out I'll try and continue updating. I'm just writing this on the fly so I'm probably leaving out a lot of need to know information, so just ask and I will try and respond.

Let me preface this entry by stating that I'm 24, have had minor to moderate acne since 17 and have mild to moderate scarring in parts of my face (cheek bones, side neck). I've taken and done just about everything possible to get rid of my acne and now treat my scars. In high school before I knew anything I did the whole rip off proactive thing, then tried murad, finally found this site and then got the regiment which ive been on ever since. its more or less done well for my skin, though i wouldnt say its completely done the job - its still the best I've come across. I could go on and on about which products and remedies I've tried, but it's not worth the time. If you're curious, just ask if I've done XYZ and I'll let you know. Basically as far as scar treatments go I've been trying to the many PureDeming intense gels and peels (lactic and salicylic) and some other peels made by different companies. I also started getting microdermabrasions, but they havent really done much. Basically I decided I was fed up with having scarred skin and I decided to splurge on the PIXEL treatment.

I did a lot of looking around before and I'm very appreciative of the few people who decided to share their experience so I figure I would join the club and hopefully offer someone else some insight. Here's my experience so far, I hope this helps.

Got it done this past weekend, and it seriously was quite painful. Ive done a lot of things to my skin, ie. harsh peels etc., but this was the worst. You can't see anything, but you can actually smell your skin burning. It's an interesting sensation. Immediately after my face was a bright red, they gave me the care instructions and I was on my way. I was very concerned at that point because there was no way I had expected to look like that. You could also see the little treads on your face. About 3 hours after the redness began to subside though, and I was able to go out and buy ointment (a refill). Washed with cool water that evening and just relaxed.

Day 2- The next day after treatment the redness was pretty much gone and aside from a few spots that were a little blotchy I looked passable. I wasn't going to go out on the town, but I was able to go out and do my daily business.

Day 3 - started to breakout. I'm not sure if it was related to the pixel or if it was caused by something else. needless to say Im breaking out in areas I've never broken out before so I think it must be related to the pixel. Im not sure if it's an allergic reaction, a type of cleansing process or what but I hope it gets out of my system soon. At this point my skin looks normal (minus the breakout), all the little pixel tread marks are gone. I'm kind of at an awkward point because I'm moisturizing most of my face but still using BP on my breakout areas. (It's almost become instinct now to use the stuff) I hope this doesn't affect my results. Ultimately though I'm starting to see some improvement in the non breakout areas and Ive read it will only get better with time. I bought a package so I still have several more sessions left. So far Im happy with the purchase and I think it will actually make a difference.

From here on out I'll try and continue updating. I'm just writing this on the fly so I'm probably leaving out a lot of need to know information, so just ask and I will try and respond.

hey, thanks for posting your story. its always great to hear someone undergoing a laser treatment. hopefully a lot of people here will be able to help you out too, esp if you have any questions and the like.

a few people seem to get breakouts after their laser treatment - probably because of all the moisturiser they are applying. the best moisturiser on these boards appears to be complex 15. its supposed to moisturise whilst preventing breakouts. i hope they get under control :).... what kind of scarring do you have out of curosity? im looking into laser too, though moreso fraxel repair due to its track record.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

cartwheeling monkey - For the first 2 days after I used Aquaphor which is heavy duty ointment and no doubt clogged my pores. Because I needed to go back to work I switched over to Purpose, but that's when the breakouts actually got worse (maybe a residual effect of the aquaphor) thanks for the tip though I will look into complex 15. I have shallow icepick scarring on most of my face, its moderately deep around my cheek bones. And I have a few deep ice picks randomly spread around, I'll try and upload some pics at some point. I was doing research into fraxel but decided on pixel because it's much cheaper and produces similar results. Apparently fraxel requires a new laser head or something after each use, whereas pixel does not and can be performed at any med spa - much cheaper though arguably more risk. so far i like the med spa ive been going to for microderms and now the pixel and have no regrets about not going to a dermatologist. On the whole when I was doing research, it wasnt clear that one was better or safer than the other (it just depends on the person and the aftercare)...I think.

senorita25 - I actually had a microderm done the day before (not planned out). I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not because if you look at the way the pixel laser works, its shooting pixels in a grid like fashion deeper into the skin, encouraging cell renewal at a lower level. microderm is only the tiny top layer and strictly superficial. either way though it didnt appear to hurt anything. i bought a package of 6 pixel treatments. (good price, that was the other factor that got me to choose pixel) as i mentioned, i have shallow to moderate ice pick scarring with a few deeper ones scattered throughout my face. i also have a few rolling scars on lower cheeks.