Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris234

zit doesn't go away after several months

I have a zit on my nose that has persisted for several months. It basically looks like a white head that keeps scabbing over and after 4/5 days comes off in the shower. A day or two later it is back.

My main concern is permanant scarring. My secondary concern is walking around with a white head type thing on my nose all the time. I did squeeze a few times out of frustation but it always returns.

I saw a dermatologist about 4 weeks ago and have been using Epiduo on my nose, double time on this spot. That treatment hasn't made a whole lot of difference.

Can anyone recommend a product that will take care of this once and for all? Please help! It is driving me crazy!

Thanks,

Chris

Zit take a very long time to get rid of. Unlike pimple, there is no root. If you pop the zit, it will come back and get larger and may get infected. Just leave it alone and use some pore minimizer with BHA.

Edited by alvinl

Zit take a very long time to get rid of. Unlike pimple, there is no root. If you pop the zit, it will come back and get larger and may get infected. Just leave it alone and use some pore minimizer with BHA.

a zit and a pimple is the same thing. Both words are interchangeable.

I have visited several dermatologists regarding this. I was originally told by two experienced dermatologists that it was a broken blood vessel. This diagnosis never really made sense to me considering that it behaved more like a bottomless zit.

This spot has since taken on the appearance of a whitehead on the surface of the skin that never really goes away completely. I followed up with my dermatologist and he diagnosed as a dilated pore of winer. He also extracted it VERY :shock: aggressively using a special extraction tool. The extraction made no difference in the long term.

He put me on Retin-A with the hope it would help keep the pore open and prevent further build ups. I plan to give this treatment a few months to see what happens. To be entirely honest, I don't expect much. According to my research, the only way to treat these is with surgical extraction. I'm not thrilled about that fact considering it's on my nose.

Has anyone treated a dilated pore of winer successfully without surgery?

Thanks!

Edited by chris234