Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter08

Can someone tell me if this is a good regimen to use along with Acne.org's products?

Hello, I'm new here so I don't really know where this post should go, but here's my concern (I apologize in advance for the long read):

I have been using the Cleanser, BP, and Moisturizerfrom Acne.org for about a year, but it doesn't seem to clear my acne up as well as I want - It does work pretty well though. However, I wanted to try different products as well because they have seem to provide a few advantages such as: being all natural and preservative free, controls oil, etc.

The brand I have tried for also a year and want to combine with my regimen is Boscia.

- Purifying Cleanser

- Clear Complexion Tonic (w/ Botanical Blast)

- Possibly the Clear Complexion Treatment(which I assume is the alternative to BP).

My everyday uses:

- Also, Honey100% Pure as a facial

- And 100% Lemon Juice

- AveenoContinuous Protection Sunblock Lotion

I wanted to use this combination for a normal regimen AM and PM:

- Boscia Cleanser

- Boscia Tonic

- Acne.org BP

- Aveeno Sunblock (has vitamins A, C, and E, and natural soy)

Then every night, after doing that, I would do a facial with the Honey and Lemon Juice:

- 2 Teaspoons of Honey

- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon

- mixed together and apply to whole face for about an hour

So would this be a good regimen? I heard many good things about honey, so I decided to try it. Boscia just feels a lot nice nicer to use. BP seems to be pretty effective against acne.

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention that I use often:

- DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask as a spot treatment every now and then

Were you adding in additional steps and/or products when you were on The Regimen, or did you stick to The Regimen for a year using only the Acne.org cleanser, BP, and moisturizer?

Hmm, no harm, no foul, right? You did the regimen long enough.*

I would introduce things one by one, though. If you have a bad reaction to anything (or a GOOD one for that matter!) you need to know which product it is specifically. So, introduce these different elements one by one, wait a few weeks, see if they work, and then go from there.

Good luck.

*although I would suggest making sureeeee you've been doing the regimen correctly, because you very well may have not cleared up because you are making a mistake of some sort, and to me dan's regimen seems a lot easier and less time consuming than the regimen you want to try for yourself.

Edited by sopher

I'm still wondering if it is okay to use the Boscia Tonic (toner I guess) along with the Acne.org BP. Don't they have the same purpose? And is it okay to replace a moisturizer with sunblock lotion?