Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cooler77

When should I get treatment?

I just have a few spots on my left forearm that resulted from me picking on some kind of acne there. It's been there for about 5 months now and has faded but still fairly visible. If I decide to get some sort of treatment for this does it matter if I decide to do it now or just wait and see if it will fade after another year and do it then if it's still there? (other than just applying some sunblock during the year).

What you mean by spot? red bumpy spots? Perhaps just a cream with vitamin A/Zinc (that used for babies) or aloe vera.

What you mean by spot? red bumpy spots? Perhaps just a cream with vitamin A/Zinc (that used for babies) or aloe vera.

just hyperpigmentation. There's no bump. The PIH marks on my face usually disappear in a month or two but this one on my forearm only faded by about half in the past 5 months. Probably because I tried picking it cuz it looked like there was something inside that needed to be popped out. I've learned my lesson but the red mark seems to be taking forever to fade.

Definitely should wait.

Have you tried apple cider vinegar, vitamin e, or urine? Anyways, you might not be a maverick and try urine, but definitely try apple cider vinegar and vitamin e.

But did you see a dermatologist for an estimate on the surgery? A lot of them offer a free consultation. You should definitely go to a free consultation, and just see what they say.