Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hawaii350

Regimen choice? Alternative to benzoyl peroxide? b5?

I'm 20 and almost 21 and have been struggling with acne since 15 and it really got bad by 18 and even worse by 19. I have been on several antibiotics which helped somewhat but never really cleared it up. I don't have insurance so visiting the dermatologist and buying the antibiotics is very costly and without insurance the cost of accutane is astronomical and out of the question.

I have tried dan's regimen briefly but did not follow it very closely. Primarily because I kept bleaching all my clothes. No matter how hard I tried I'd end up getting some on my clothes. I'd end up sweating during the day and having sweat that bleaches is not fun. So I'm wondering if there are any alternatives that are as effective without he bleaching problem.

Let's see if I can give you a brief history first. Like I said I've had bad facial acne since 18 and began to get it on my back and shoulders around then too. My face is always very oily and every morning at the best I wake up with a few new one and at the worst and I wake up with too many to count. I also have dandruff, but instead of my scalp being dry its almost like it is too oily. I get big chunks of grease dandruff and around my hair line it is just bumpy with clumps of this junk that have not flaked off yet.

I've been doing some reading on b5 and it seems very interesting but opinions seem to be very mixed and it is rather costly.

My diet is not great but it is not horrible either. I eat the best that I can on the small college budget that I have. I cook almost all my own meals and rarely get fast food or processed crap. I just don't get as many fruits and veggies as I'd like so my diet consists of a lot of meat and a lot of breads.

Thanks in advanced for any and all help.

post-123045-1271803673_thumb.jpg

post-123045-1271803703_thumb.jpg

post-123045-1271803711_thumb.jpg

post-123045-1271803673_thumb.jpg

post-123045-1271803703_thumb.jpg

post-123045-1271803711_thumb.jpg

Max clarity , ur acne doesnt seem to bad , just alot of it , and max clarity worked wonders for me , all im really dealing with now is liek 2 or 3 whiteheads and alot of red marks, takes like a month to show major improvement , but def worth it