Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessica147

Ziana topical gel log!

Well hello there! =] Today I finally made another trip to the dermatologist (unlike the doctors, i'm always excited to go to the derm haha).

Before hand, she had me using Differin 0.1% at night, and Aczone during the day. Differin is just not working for me. She told me that my last option is to use Retin-A or some form of it, before Accutane. *so basically, if this doesn't work...i'm goin on the 'tane..oh god*

So now I'm going to use Ziana Gel at night, with Aczone in the morning. I really hope this helps. I'm scared to go on Accutane. I've heard great things about it, but i've also heard horror stories.

So if you are also using Ziana, are simply interested in it, or just want to read my log, feel free to leave comments or posts about your experiences as well!

:) have a lovely day!!

Well hello there! =] Today I finally made another trip to the dermatologist (unlike the doctors, i'm always excited to go to the derm haha).

Before hand, she had me using Differin 0.1% at night, and Aczone during the day. Differin is just not working for me. She told me that my last option is to use Retin-A or some form of it, before Accutane. *so basically, if this doesn't work...i'm goin on the 'tane..oh god*

So now I'm going to use Ziana Gel at night, with Aczone in the morning. I really hope this helps. I'm scared to go on Accutane. I've heard great things about it, but i've also heard horror stories.

So if you are also using Ziana, are simply interested in it, or just want to read my log, feel free to leave comments or posts about your experiences as well!

do not use ziana it basically FUCKED up my skin to the point to where its still red 5 months later. Believe me

Good luck with the Ziana! I used Ziana for 6 months before starting Accutane. It improved my skin, but it just wasn't enough. I was really terrified to start Accutane. I actually turned it down and changed derms the first time it was offered to me. But, it's been such an amazing experience! It's definitely changed my outlook on life. I can look in the mirror and actually smile at what I see.

But, I hope that the Ziana works wonders for you!

do not use ziana it basically FUCKED up my skin to the point to where its still red 5 months later. Believe me

Hey i'm really sorry to hear about your experience with Ziana. Everyone's skin is different, however, and mine might react differently than yours. If my skin gets worse after a month or so, I will discontinue. But if It gets better i'll use it for a few months before deciding to get on 'Tane or not. The other poster (sorry forgot name) seemed to have a decent experience with Ziana. I hope it doesnt mess me up though!

Good luck with the Ziana! I used Ziana for 6 months before starting Accutane. It improved my skin, but it just wasn't enough. I was really terrified to start Accutane. I actually turned it down and changed derms the first time it was offered to me. But, it's been such an amazing experience! It's definitely changed my outlook on life. I can look in the mirror and actually smile at what I see.

But, I hope that the Ziana works wonders for you!

My dermatologist told me she could have signed me up for Accutane right then and there, but I wanted to do it as a last resort. I am really scared to do it. My skin is oily but it gets dried out really quickly if using drying products. I know that the most common symptom of accutane is dry skin so that really worries me. I know i'll probably end up doing it (if insurance covers it) so i hope it works well. Thank you for sharing :)

Ello! So this is my first update on Ziana.

I used it for the first time last night, and the consistency was alot runnier than I thought it would be. Probably because i'm so used to Differin's thicker consistency. It also smell kinda gross haha.

After applying my face was kinda red and I noticed it made my face look very greasy (which isnt a good thing...i have super oily skin already. bah). Face didn't look much different this mroning...maybe just a tad red.

Ill keep ya posted!

**oh and i have a question! Should i put this on before i apply moisturizer or afterwards? and how long should i wait?**

Edited by Jessica147

Day 2!

I seriously won't be posting new updates everyday because that would be slightly annoying, but I just haad to do an update :P

So when I applied Ziana again last night, and when i woke up this morning BAM! nearly all of the acne on my left cheek was gone! Maybe it's just good timing...i was having a really bad breakout prior to using this stuff so maybe its finally going away. IDK. No IB yet though so thats good.

I did also notice today that my face was more sensitive when being touched, which i read was alot of peoples problems so i'm not too worried.

Keep ya posted :)

**Update**

Day 4.

Okay soo....I haven't been using this long at all, but so far so good. I have noticed some cons of it, however.

The smell...is so gross. Maybe I'm just hypersensitive to smell or something. All I know is i try not to breathe while applying this stuff....it reminds me of baby food. Or just babies in general. Bleh.

It makes my skin so oily! I thought this was supposed to dry me out?! I have super oily skin and the last thing i want is *more* oil. Since I apply it at night and then wash my face again in the morning its not a big deal though.

My skin is still relatively clear. Again, I might just be having a good skin week. I'll have to use this wayy longer to determine if its effective.

I think I haven't had an IB from it because I used Differin beforehand, and my derm. said that Ziana is basically a stronger version of Differin. I have no idea. Maybe i'm just lucky haha.

Bye all!! Feel free to leave comments :))

I finally went to the derm to get the bumps/cysts on the back of the neck on my hairline diagnosed. The diagnosis was folliculitis. As for the existing and consistent acne that has been curbed/controlled for a couple years now, he prescribed Ziana. On top of the two free samples, I got a card that gets me a 60g tube for no more than $25. Then a $20 off a 30g tube. Also, another coupon for a free 60g tube. Now I have to try it. He did mention it will take as much as 12 weeks, which is nothing. I don't let acne run my life, therefore I don't care how long as it takes. Especially since I was on tazorac for almost 2 years. Btw, he prescribed just a simple daily dose of Doxy for my folliculitis. Any OTC remedies for this? I really don't want to go back on antibiotics. They take a toll on my body and energy level. Sorry for thread jacking. I'm glad you're seeing good results so far... Let's hope it continues.

I finally went to the derm to get the bumps/cysts on the back of the neck on my hairline diagnosed. The diagnosis was folliculitis. As for the existing and consistent acne that has been curbed/controlled for a couple years now, he prescribed Ziana. On top of the two free samples, I got a card that gets me a 60g tube for no more than $25. Then a $20 off a 30g tube. Also, another coupon for a free 60g tube. Now I have to try it. He did mention it will take as much as 12 weeks, which is nothing. I don't let acne run my life, therefore I don't care how long as it takes. Especially since I was on tazorac for almost 2 years. Btw, he prescribed just a simple daily dose of Doxy for my folliculitis. Any OTC remedies for this? I really don't want to go back on antibiotics. They take a toll on my body and energy level. Sorry for thread jacking. I'm glad you're seeing good results so far... Let's hope it continues.

*(Update included!)*

Hah no hard feelings for thread-jacking ^.^

I really do appreciate the replies I get, since i've gotten few lol. Oh well.

I've only been on Ziana for around a week and I'm already noticing differences! Most of my small bumps are nearly gone, and I think it's working on the bigger ones. My face is still red but its actually alot better. Unlike other people, my skin hasn't been irriated at all while using Ziana. I wash my face, apply, and put on moisturizer and i'm good to go! (or sleep i guess). The cleared skin is also sooo soft now. It's great!

I'm glad your derm gave you Ziana and I hope you have as positive of an experience as i have been having so far!

(oh and be glad that she gave you samples and rebates. My derm was in a rush and forgot to give me any of that stuff, so I payed 45 dollars for a 30 oz tube of the stuff -.- gah)

*Update Day 10!*

Hello everyone. I'm slightly sad that hardly anyone replies :( Oh well. I'm basically just typing for my own mental notes anyways. I think it's good to keep track of my progress, even if no one reads it. Mk enough ranting.

So basically...Ziana is makin me pretty damn happy! I haven't even used it two weeks and i've already seen impressive results.

*Before using Ziana: my forehead wasn't horrible, but it did have some small (and slightly larger) bumps. Some were red, some were skin-colored bumps. My chin had a few red bumps and blackheads but it wasn't too bad. My cheeks were the worst. They had red bumps, dry spots, and just super uneven skin. My face always looked red. Annoying.

*Currently: My forehead is definitely much smoother. It still has some small stubborn bumps, but none are very red or inflamed. Mostly skin colored. Ahh...my chin :) It's the clearest/smoothest its been since i was young. Soooo nice. I still have blackheads, but i have some blackhead strips that I've started using every once in awhile that temporarily help. My cheeks...meh. They are clearer than before, but the larger pimples are still being very stubborn and don't want to leave ma face! I'm hoping ziana can combat them. GO ZIANA! :)

Guys...I'm glad I ignored the horribly negative reviews. This stuff (so far!) has been the most effective topical product I have used. So please, if you are reading this and considering Ziana, try it. It might work for you, or it may not. Everyone's skin is different.

=] have a good night. Or day...wherever you are.