Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Fox

Alternatives to alcohol for someone on an anti-candida diet

Hi

I'm on an anti-candida diet and doing good, but I can't stop partying all together and I don't want to stay sober for every party. Alcohol is no good on anti-candida because it's fermented and the alcohol itself makes the condition worse.

Is there any viable alternatives to alcohol when it comes to parties? Preferably legal...

Edited by White Fox

As far as legal alternatives go, kava is excellent, though it kind of tastes like watery dirt.

Check this website for other fun stuff (though a lot of things there are illegal...): http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml

I seriously doubt that occasional alcohol consumption will hurt you, though.

Edited by QuirkyPixy

I've heard that a good quality vodka or gin that has been filtered well can be consumed in moderation while on candida diet. I mix it with Zevia soda. Limit to 2 ounces per week. There really is no golden rule. You'll just have to test it out to see if it affects your candida or not.

Kombucha tea is an alternative too. You won't get drunk off it but it tastes a bit like hard cider. It's packed with probiotics which is good to treat candida.

Edited by clc111

I've heard that a good quality vodka or gin that has been filtered well can be consumed in moderation while on candida diet. I mix it with Zevia soda. Limit to 2 ounces per week. There really is no golden rule. You'll just have to test it out to see if it affects your candida or not.

Kombucha tea is an alternative too. You won't get drunk off it but it tastes a bit like hard cider. It's packed with probiotics which is good to treat candida.

Yes, I know vodka and gin is the best to go with when it comes to alcohol and candida, but I have had bad experiences with alohol in the past and I want to try something new.

Looking into Kava now.

Thanks for the feedback guys and please post more suggestions