Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audioslave

allergic reaction? red bumps that aren't acne

hey guys Ive been on the regimen for about 4-5 months now and my skin has finally been tamed! However I have recently noticed that there are a couple raather large bumps that aren't cysts or pimples on my face and dont hurt, they are just swollen bumps on either side of my chin. They have not gone away with the regimen, so im wondering could some part of the regimen be causing this (i use cleanser BP and moisturizer)? I have never used a foaming cleanser before for acne so is this causing it? I stopped using royal jelly because they appeared around the time I began taking it, although a couple pimple sied ones have appeared since i stopped taking royal jelly. Im hoping its not the BP, because ive never had this problem with BP in the past (proactiv regular and extra strength, clearasil, Oxy). I have a dermatologist appointment friday to check them out, but i want to know if i should stop using something on the regimen before hand or if there are any treatment options. Any help would be greaty appreciated!

It sounds to me like you're mixing & matching, so the cause could be anything. Perhaps the royal jelly is interacting with the BP and the moisturizer somehow to create this result?

Try cutting off everything else except run-the-mill DKR products for a few weeks, and see what happens to those bumps.